ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Help me find a dress please?

(13 Posts)
Yogagirl17 Sun 27-Jan-13 14:48:51

I need a dress for a couple of occassions coming up. I want something cute, pretty, smart but not overly dressy. I am 5'0, size 8 and slightly pear shaped. I hate lace. I hate high necks. I hate red. I prefer something with sleeves (although not a dealbreaker).

I like this French Connection but I have quite a few tunic dresses and was hoping to find something a little different.

Maybe something more tailored with a fitted waist and an a-line skirt (kind of 50s vibe?). But shortish - like knee length.

I know I'm being really picky! Can u help??

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 18:03:05

What's your budget?

How about something like this?

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 19:31:15

This is also nice Kaliko site down at the mo, but they had smaller sizes. No sleeves, but they do a matching jacket.

Very early 60s with pointed kitten heels.

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 19:36:22

Just seen you hate high necks.

How about this or this? Actually, the second one might swamp you.

Yogagirl17 Sun 27-Jan-13 20:52:10

Ooh, some nice things on the Orla Kiely site. Not mad on the big bow (sorry told you I was picky) but I like THIS ONE.

I like the Kaliko stuff too. This is the shape I'm after: DRESS

Yogagirl17 Sun 27-Jan-13 20:54:31

And I know I said I prefer sleeves but so far all the cutest things i've seen are sleeveless so might have to consider sleeveless with a wee jacket or shrug.

Yogagirl17 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:22:35

Fuck it, maybe I should just get the French Connection one - it's pretty, it's got sleeves, it's the right length. I just wish I could find something with a waist.

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 21:58:07

Don't give up yet!

How about this?

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 21:58:52

Or this?

tethersend Mon 28-Jan-13 00:06:28

Have I already linked this one?

bishboschone Mon 28-Jan-13 00:30:35

I'm the same shape and height and that French connection one would do me no favours at all. The gold one tethers linked to is the best shape I think .

Yogagirl17 Mon 28-Jan-13 07:07:43

I like the gold one - will have a proper look after work today. Thanks.

IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 07:32:59

I like the French connection one. But the Orla Keily one Linked by OP is lovely too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now