I need the best hand cream money can buy!

(80 Posts)
Elfontheedge Sun 27-Jan-13 10:00:14

I've got dry scabby flaky fingers exacerbated by washing up. Yuk. Will spend a bit if it really works but within reason!

coffeeinbed Sun 27-Jan-13 11:06:58

Tisserand

DoItToJulia Sun 27-Jan-13 11:08:41

Swap washing up liquid to surcare. I use the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream and plain 8 hour cream overnight.

Someone started a thread not so long ago about an amazing cream and I can't remember the name of it. I will try and find it. I have never used it, but want to as she said it was properly amazing.

SanityClause Sun 27-Jan-13 11:08:42

I have started using a scrub and hand cream from Crabtree and Evelyn. They smell lovely, and my hands are much less scaly than they were!

TheOneAndOnlyAlpha Sun 27-Jan-13 11:11:54

L'Occitane Shea butter gets my vote too. I have a job where my hands are constantly dry, flaking and dusty and this cream is amazing.

happybubblebrain Sun 27-Jan-13 11:12:19

Fairy washing-up liquid made my hands dried out within a few days. The cheaper washing-up liquids are better on hands.

L'occitane is really good. Vaseline intensive care is a great overall moisturiser and cheap too.

ErikNorseman Sun 27-Jan-13 11:16:10

Body shop hemp hand protector is amazing. Used it when I worked in cafes and was constantly washing up or cleaning tables with wet cloths.

petitdonkey Sun 27-Jan-13 11:17:47

Another vote for Clarins! I have one in every handbag!

finlaysmum12 Sun 27-Jan-13 15:40:46

i recommend clarins or l'occitane.
tip is to slather on before then putting on rubber gloves and doing the washing up! the heat of the water helps it soak in. Also put a smidge of vaseline around the cuticles as well.

MarshaBrady Sun 27-Jan-13 15:41:27

Aveda is nice, but would like to try another one too.

monkeytennismum Sun 27-Jan-13 15:50:16

My hands were literally falling apart last week and the pharmacist recommended Flexitol Hand Balm. I've been applying this a few times a day and overnight with the cotton gloves and it seems to be working where all others have failed.

I might get the L'Occitane one once they are repaired though.

monkeytennismum Sun 27-Jan-13 15:50:42

My hands were literally falling apart last week and the pharmacist recommended Flexitol Hand Balm. I've been applying this a few times a day and overnight with the cotton gloves and it seems to be working where all others have failed.

I might get the L'Occitane one once they are repaired though.

GW297 Sun 27-Jan-13 15:56:41

Cath kidston surprisingly!

nannyj Sun 27-Jan-13 15:57:31

Khiel's definitely. I got some for Christmas and its amazing. The extra strength in the tube one.

polyhymnia Sun 27-Jan-13 15:58:48

Definitely Clarins!

Have spent a fortune on hand cream over the years and always go back to neutragena, those Norwegian fisherman can't be wrong!

moonbells Sun 27-Jan-13 16:04:12

I use nivea soft for everyday cream (It never loses its nice smell either, unlike some others!) and have a tube of manuka honey hand cream for extra TLC. That is lovely stuff for putting on at night and letting it do its thing.

Levantine Sun 27-Jan-13 16:14:10

L'Occitane
Neutrogena
Body shop Hemp (their rose one smells lovely but is watery)

I alternate between Clarins, Aveda and Flexitol. The Flexitol is best by a long shot but the other two are nicer to use!

MarshaBrady Sun 27-Jan-13 16:16:29

Aveda smells lovely.

I'd like to get one that works really well too, hands are very dry.

3rdnparty Sun 27-Jan-13 16:23:13

bought my mum clarins for xmas and she's getting v good results - I was trying the Aveda (really like the smell) but mine are in such a state after reading this am trying flexitol heel balm at night (as I had some) and definite improvements after 3 days - there are a few here...

www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2013/jan/04/beauty-hardcore-hand-creams

alemci Sun 27-Jan-13 16:29:28

I like clarins and have an M & S spa one plus a small occitaine one.

Managed to get superglue on my hands yesterday and although I have W U gloves, I forget to put them on half the time.

EuroShagmore Sun 27-Jan-13 16:30:29

L'occitane, clarins or the gardener's one from Crabtree & Evelyn are great.

But go and buy Aveda Hand Relief just so you can snigger at the name (or is that just me?).

TurkeyDino Sun 27-Jan-13 16:33:34

I have hands that make exfoliating gloves redundant. The best stuff I have ever used is Superdrug intensive hand balm. And I've tried millions of hand creams.

ENormaSnob Sun 27-Jan-13 16:42:57

I really prefer the Norwegian formula.

Have tried loccitane, clarins, soap n glory, liz Earle and most others tbh but I still think Norwegian formula is the best.

EastRogen Sun 27-Jan-13 16:45:21

I use Kingsley House Cracked Heel Cream for applying throughout the day and Avon's Anew Platinum night cream WITHOUT those cotton moisturising gloves as I have found on many an occasion that the gloves absorbed the cream. I now rub the Anew Platinum cream in well and about an hour before bedtime so it has time to soak in.

I have tried loads of hand creams and I've found the best ones to use are for conditions like eczema/psoriasis/cracked heel skin etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now