How can I get a Chloe Marcie Tote?

(40 Posts)
tethersend Sat 26-Jan-13 22:55:27

I've found my perfect bag. At last.

Lust

Now I just need to find a spare grand.

Any ideas?

Answers on a postcard. Or just type them in the box down there. Might be quicker.

<heavy sigh>

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 13:19:31

Ah, you're all lovely smile

I do have things I could sell (buggies, toys, clothes, kidneys, children)- but even then, could I really spend a over a grand on a bag? Really?

I'm not sure I could. Or could I? Probably could, in a heartbeat

So, tell me if you've seen a good knock off, or tell me it's shit grin

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 13:24:12

It's lovely in white too...

Bollocks.

libertychick Sun 27-Jan-13 14:06:51

Tethers - I adore this bag and one of my colleagues has it. I spent about 10 mins stroking it the other day and she told me she saved for 18 months for it and says she feels joy every time she uses it!

But, but, but, like you I don't know if I really could pay £1k+ for a bag - probably not while we still have a mortgage. And I'm so careless I would probably put in down in a puddle the first time I used it.

CHOOGIRL Sun 27-Jan-13 15:00:09

Tethers I love that bag too and almost bought it twice. Once in Harvey Nicks at 50% off (not navy) and once in HoF at 30% off. I'm still kicking myself now.

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 15:50:33

Snakeskin shock

<melts with pure love>

50% off, Choogirl? That's amazing... and would have brought it down to a bargain <counts fingers> £575. Hang on.

Annianni Sun 27-Jan-13 16:45:36

I'll paypal a whole £1 if you can find others to donate.

People donate for food shopping, why not a handbag? grin

Yeah, start charging for links Tethers 10p a link, you'd be done in no time!

chewingguminmyhair Sun 27-Jan-13 17:21:10

I'd PayPal you a quid too wink

noviceoftheday Sun 27-Jan-13 17:44:59

Tethers would you really get white? Am waaay too clumsy to be that brave! Or the idea of my toddler rushing up to me when I get back from work with his sticky hands means I know it wouldn't last 2 mins!

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 17:57:29

YES!

I mean, why wouldn't people donate to put a smile on my face? It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Charging for links is a brilliant idea. I'm sure nobody will mind doing that. I'll be the Facebook of MN grin

MarshaBrady Sun 27-Jan-13 17:57:38

I'd love a white bag (would go for Celine). But probably wouldn't be pristine for long.

Congrats on new bag Novice, love the colour too.

tethersend Sun 27-Jan-13 17:59:54

yy to white, novice- I love white leather, have quite a few pairs of white shoes and boots. It would go with my original 70s go-go boots a treat!

Also, baby wipes and sometimes nail varnish remover cleans up white leather briliantly.

lateSeptember1964 Sun 27-Jan-13 19:29:59

Love this bag and if you want it then you must have it. I buy a bag each year by saving, selling, birthday etc. Any spare money goes into a tin. Set yourself a goal and you can have it by Christmas.

PlumSykes Mon 28-Jan-13 09:13:10

Novice, i have an off-white Alexa, it's fine, and I'm an utter grotbag.

noviceoftheday Mon 28-Jan-13 11:13:24

Wow, I think I must be a much bigger grotbags! I am rubbish at looking after my bags. Last week I had black currant spill all over one bag. I have bags in every colour except white as I am way too terrified of unleashing the clumsiness that is me on a beautiful bag. Hats off to you all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now