If, like me, you're still feeling a little bit muffiny a month after Christmas, then might I recommend Zara leggings...

(19 Posts)

They're amazing. A pain to get up (or down) so don't leave it till the last minute for a wee but they're so thick and sturdy that's worth it. High waisted or tuxedo styles were good for me (long torso).

bishboschone Sat 26-Jan-13 18:03:19

Link?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 26-Jan-13 19:47:37

What's the sizing like?

AnyFucker Sat 26-Jan-13 19:49:03

I have very long legs

are they pretty long ?

they look great around the tummy/hips

Bella88 Sat 26-Jan-13 19:51:02

If the sizing is anything like the jeans it is Zara after all so we shouldn't expect consistency , they should be long and generous.

I'm 5'9 and they are long enough, would be fine an inch or so higher even. Sizing, well I am a 12 really fighting to get back to a ten and I bought medium. I don't think the large would have been too big though but I have to sort out my post-Christmas tummy grin

JumpHerWho Sat 26-Jan-13 20:10:04

Argh they look ace but now sold out in a medium. I really need new leggings and these look ace.

KatoPotato Sat 26-Jan-13 21:56:58

Wahh I want these!

shiraz11 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:42:45

I've ordered them to be picked up instore. Just what I'm looking for. I hope they're thick enough, they seem so anyway.

I'm an 8, ordered the size S. I hope to God they fit, ALL my leggings look a bit see-through

bishboschone Sat 26-Jan-13 23:04:17

Are they legging material ?

PeggyGuggenheim Sun 27-Jan-13 09:31:58

Can I ask a question about leggings - have never worn them. My ankles are quite small in relation to the widest part of my calf, meaning that my lower leg looks like an upside down skittle. If I was to wear leggings, they would have to be quite baggy at the ankle, to balance the shape out. But the leggings I've tried are all as tight as footless tights. A bad look for me. I have idly wondered whether the famed M&S jeggings might do the trick. Any thoughts?

bishboschone Sun 27-Jan-13 10:00:54

M and s jeggings are very loose in the leg . Not like leggings at all . What do you wear on your feet? If you wore a ugg length boot would it disguise the Skinny bit and make your legs look more even ?

Mockingcurl Sun 27-Jan-13 10:03:23

Peggy, Mint Velvet do leggings that are gathered at the ankle. They look like the leggings are too long and are pushed up, iykwim. They are brilliant for balancing out bigger calves. John Lewis sell them. They are £15.

I might have to try a pair of these Zara leggings out if they're really long, I'm 5'11 and it's a pain to get leggings to fit let alone miracle ones that hold you in, thank you!

discorabbit Sun 27-Jan-13 11:21:29

i have some with zips from zara, they are really thick, not crappy usual legging material. hold you in a treat!

PeggyGuggenheim Sun 27-Jan-13 12:53:30

Thanks guys, the Mint ones sound interesting. I don't do Uggs, more like flat Clark suede lace-ups (although they're old and scabby now)so the shoe situation needs addressing too I suppose

bishboschone Sun 27-Jan-13 13:52:34

Yeah I meant more the length of uggs than actually uggs .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now