gymwear ideas please

(12 Posts)
cuggles Thu 24-Jan-13 18:07:35

Can anyone help me please? I go to the gym to work out and also to Body Pump classes and have usually worn fitted tops but am feeling a bit too fat(big size ten but only 5ft!) and top heavy (34E) in them at the moment...I need V or lowish neck due to the top heaviness and not keen on racer back (Unless it has a fitted top underneath I guess? I am looking for longish, loosish but not billowing t-shirts or vest tops, or even some idea of where to shop for them...everything seems to be either relax/yoga type gear or very fitted...suggestions most welcome. Thanks

Something like this with a sports bra underneath?

kaumana Thu 24-Jan-13 20:23:57

Have a look at Ronhill stuff on Amazon. They have some huge discounts on some tanks which are ideal for Body Pump ie long and don't ride up. Got one today for £8 . They are brill!

HazleNutt Thu 24-Jan-13 20:49:03
AlfalfaMum Thu 24-Jan-13 20:55:32

Have you looked at Sweaty Betty? Their stuff is quite expensive, but worth it if you'll get lots of wear. Tops tend to come up small, so size up or go and try in a store if there's one near you.

Pseudonymity Thu 24-Jan-13 21:18:30

I wear a leotard from American apparel or a proper ballet one. It holds you in and zero chance of it riding up or having to keep pulling it down. Also recommend Sweaty Betty, v. flattering.

kaumana Thu 24-Jan-13 21:18:55
cuggles Thu 24-Jan-13 21:19:19

Thanks so much everyone....I shall get clicking! smile

Pseudonymity Thu 24-Jan-13 21:20:33

Also, the leotard combined with loose bottoms helps to stop feeling too busty. It works for me anyway.

Speedos Thu 24-Jan-13 21:26:30

Another vote for sweaty betty. For Body Pump I prefer tshirts as I find it more comfy for the tricep track not to be rubbing skin on skin, IMO.

Clure Thu 24-Jan-13 22:44:50
cuggles Fri 25-Jan-13 07:07:21

How brilliant are you guys..thankyou. I ordered three tops so fingers crossed when they arrive they will be great. Speedos thanks for advice re: rubbing...I have that problem when I run...horrible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now