Complaining to a hair stylist - help please!

(8 Posts)
jackstini Wed 30-Jan-13 23:27:11

Well done! grin

Nagoo Wed 30-Jan-13 19:48:20

Yay! smile

cardamomginger Wed 30-Jan-13 18:31:05

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread and my other one before this who urged me to complain. I did and had an appointment with the manager and one of the directors today who did a free cut and finish to put the mistakes right. I also have two more free cuts with the director to try and get me to the style I had originally wanted.

Thank you everyone - without your encouragement I would have just sat here, been miserable, driven DH mad with my moaning and accepted the situation.

X

cardamomginger Thu 24-Jan-13 22:27:34

Thank you! Glad to hear that refunds can be achieved. And glad to hear that you are OK now Fork.
Am about to write the email now and am feeling feisty grin.

INeedThatForkOff Thu 24-Jan-13 19:33:27

I had a horrendous colour, followed by an even worse 'correction' last week. The stylist would not concede that there was anything wrong and refused a refund.

A hairdresser friend explained to me what had gone wrong (entirely stylist's fault) and suggested small claims to me.

I emailed the salon explaining briefly that I would be pursuing via small claims, and was undecided about a Yell.com review. Within an hour I got a phone call and stated in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't be accepting ant further 'correction' and got a refund. Unpleasant but I instantly felt better and have just had it sorted elsewhere.

Nagoo Thu 24-Jan-13 14:28:24

I did get a refund for my shit haircut, and 50% off future haircuts there hmm Although, I did go back, to another stylist I knew previously.

jackstini Thu 24-Jan-13 14:24:20

They definitely should refund your money - your haircut is not 'fit for purpose'
Put all the points you mention in an email (& possibly a photo of the really uneven bits?) and ask for the refund as it is not what you paid for.

Say you are happy to come into the shop in person and complain or they can just post the refund to you.

cardamomginger Thu 24-Jan-13 12:09:34

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about a hair disaster I had where I ended up with a hair style different to and much shorter than that which the stylist and I had agreed upon. Thank you to everyone for their supportive comments smile.

Several people suggested I complain. I am now minded to do so after visiting another stylist locally to me to see what the best way forward would be (thank you to another lovely MNer for the recommendation!). She told me that it is a very poorly executed haircut - uneven and asymmetric layers, randomly placed shorter layers, overall uneven and ragged length. Most of the damage is at the back, so until she pointed it out to me with a mirror (and it really is horribly obvious) I had not noticed.

So I am going to complain. I want to send an email first (wimp that I am!) and I am happy to go in to show them what's wrong. There's no way in hell that the woman who did this to me is coming anywhere near me with a pair of scissors again, so I'm not going to accept any offers for her to put it right. Neither am I keen to have anyone else there rectify it - frankly I have no faith in the calibre of anyone else they have working there.

So, assuming I can get them to agree that this is a poor haircut, what should I ask them for in recompense? I can't imagine they will refund my money, although I will ask.

Be very grateful for suggestions and advice! I have never complained about this sort of thing before and am generally feeling pretty wimpy and pathetic right now, so I am rather nervous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now