Breast Milk Jewlerry

(66 Posts)
Emo76 Thu 24-Jan-13 08:34:29

Interesting idea!

Lostonthemoors Fri 25-Jan-13 10:10:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bunbaker Fri 25-Jan-13 10:13:06

Do some people really get a wave of euphoria when breastfeeding? Really? Perhaps I don't have enough hormones.

I didn't dislike breastfeeding, except at first when it was painful, but to me it was just a functional thing to do to get milk into DD. Just like making a cup of tea or whatever. It was a means to an end.

Bunbaker Fri 25-Jan-13 10:15:55

Sorry, my last post must have come across as rather rude. I simply didn't realise that breastfeeding gave some women such a sense of euphoria because I certainly never felt like that. smile

Lostonthemoors Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20:03

Lostonthemoors Fri 25-Jan-13 10:21:23

valiumredhead Fri 25-Jan-13 10:23:08

I only managed to BF ds twice as he was prem and found latching on really hard BUT I do remember a massive rush of something -relief, euphoria, some sort of feeling flooded my body? I can still remember it vividly nearly 12 years on.

Bunbaker Fri 25-Jan-13 10:33:37

That link makes interesting reading. I didn't have any of those feelings except the tingling when it was time to feed DD, but that was before she started feeding, not during. DD never had a strong suck so maybe that was why I didn't get a surge of hormones. It never made me feel emotional either. It was just something I did.

I wonder why it is so different for different women?

polyhymnia Fri 25-Jan-13 10:35:43

Fwiw I feel exactly the same as bunbaker about breastfeeding.

But these experiences are very personal and feelings one way or the other very strong - one reason I never venture on the various threads on here which deal with pregnancy, breastfeeding, working and SAH mums, etc, but just enjoy myself in S and B (and occasionally film and TV threads).

Still think those necklaces are tacky and yuk though!

Well, this is S & B and opinions on whether an item is stylish or beautiful are the lifeblood of this part of the board. Those necklace IMO are neither stylish or beautiful.

Lostonthemoors Fri 25-Jan-13 11:21:52

Does anyone else think she ditches the breastmilk and just has a selection of translucent beads she uses?

People who used formula could sent in a bag of ready mixed SMA wink

Fishandjam Fri 25-Jan-13 13:22:08

Lost, by your post I'm the target market for this - I love BFing. But I don't like those pendants (ugly and tacky in design) and I also don't feel the need to enshrine some of my milk in plastic to "define myself".

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 25-Jan-13 14:19:46

Lord. I LOVE them. Kooky and kitch. Beautiful.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 25-Jan-13 14:22:34

In fact, a plain-ish oval pendant with milk blobs (no names) might look quite cool teamed with a YSL arty ring.

MikeOxardInTheSnow Fri 25-Jan-13 14:45:10

Wow, they even do cuff links! So your adult son can wear them presumably? Awesome... If you want him to never have a girlfriend and look like a wierd mummy's boy! Fair enough if this is your thing, get a neclace (/medal) for yourself, but not for the kids, please!!

MrsBungleBear Fri 25-Jan-13 14:52:35

grin at spunky gems!

I liked breast feeding. I have zero desire to save my milk in a pendant though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now