I want to be stylish and chic, but also comfortable

(7 Posts)
FabMum1 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:56:44

Thank you chartreuse, I'll try and keep positive and try on lots

I haven't got a Zara near me, I'll have a look on their website
smile

chartreuse Thu 24-Jan-13 21:47:55

It can be hard to look in the mirror and see what other people see, but I really think that if you find a look that works for you it will give you confidence. Try to buy things that fit well, baggy clothes are not flattering.

I was in a Zara today and there was tonnes of stuff left in the sale. If there is one near you it would be worth visiting. Try on loads, even things you wouldn't usually consider, you might be surprised. Have fun!

FabMum1 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:37:48

Thank u so much ladies

I'm off out tomorrow so will look out for blazers, skinny jeans and pumps. I always struggle with blouses. I'm not very good at looking in a mirror and thinking I look alright, nothing ever suits me.

Wish me luck!
smile

Slaymill Thu 24-Jan-13 10:26:11

Put Olivia Palermo into pinterest get lots of style inspiration.

Also follow any of the MN vogue ppl and the Wise and Avid folks still inhabiting pinterest they have great style/ fashion pins.

chartreuse Wed 23-Jan-13 23:36:53

She wears a lot of skinny jeans with ballet flats and blazers. That's an easy look to recreate. Jersey blazers are great, smarter than a cardigan but still comfortable. Zara usually do them, so do Topshop. Maybe put a pretty blouse underneath, or a fitted jumper rather than a t-shirt.

OP has a great pair of leather leggings, but coated skinnies look good too, Dorothy Perkins had a great pair recently. She wears hers with a fur gilet. There was a thread here in the last few days with gilets which won't break the bank.

As an alternative to skinnies, a jersey dress, opaques, blazer and ankle boots looks smart but is still comfortable.

HTH

chartreuse Wed 23-Jan-13 22:29:55

Well if you are 5'8" and size 8-10 you can wear anything envy

OP has a very clean, understated style which should be easy enough to copy emulate. She also always looks immaculate, which is trickier with small children.

I'm off to have a look at OP photos

FabMum1 Wed 23-Jan-13 20:37:52

I've noticed lately that I'm stuck in a very big rut. I always wear jeans with a top, normally a long sleeved cotton one in different colours. Every now n then I may become daring and wear a skirt, not very often, or a pair if leggings.

I feel like I'm slowly losing my identity n need some help getting it back.

I need help finding some new clothes/looks that are chic, I love Olivia Plermo, but having two children means I can't dress like her everyday.

Help me please, suggest some clothes for me, I'm desperate lol :-)

I'm 5ft 8, a size 8-10 with brown hair x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now