So tell.....,do you own a pair of snow boots?

(60 Posts)
mrsharkness2 Wed 23-Jan-13 18:02:46

Hi,
Up until now, myself and dc have always made do with wellies but have decided to treat ourselves to some snow boots. Loads of choice for kids but apart from the really expensive lovely north face ones I've seen for myself, Im not sure if the shell type fabric ones are a bit 'old lady' ish. I have seen a few pairs that I like but am unsure if they are going to put 20 years on me!
Do you wear snow boots and if so, any recommendations would be appreciated.
X

LifeofPo Wed 23-Jan-13 18:04:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lockets Wed 23-Jan-13 18:09:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yes, Timberland Earth Keepers. They're waterproof and very warm. Love them.

MegBusset Wed 23-Jan-13 18:11:42

I have Merrell Oslos, they're lovely. They're half price at Field & Trek atm.

MegBusset Wed 23-Jan-13 18:14:21
monkeysmama Wed 23-Jan-13 18:28:18

I have Rubber Duck snow joggers. I had and lost Romika snow boots which were brilliant.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 23-Jan-13 18:28:46

I've got merrell puffins. They're comfy and warm.

Daffy55 Wed 23-Jan-13 18:32:15

I have Khombu boots. Very warm and cosy.

TK Maxx had loads of snow boots at start of winter but think they are gone now. Maybe wait until next year.

trixymalixy Wed 23-Jan-13 18:33:17

I have these

nipersvest Wed 23-Jan-13 18:34:38

yes to snow boots, i get chillblains so can't do with wellies in the snow. mine are kids ones (i have small feet) from lands end outlet shop, also had a sale on so they only cost me £9.

expatinscotland Wed 23-Jan-13 18:35:52

I have Sorrell boots. I've had them since 1994 and they're wonderful!

LynetteScavo Wed 23-Jan-13 18:37:42

No, I insist my DC own some, but then prance around in wellies myself. I have suffered very cold toes this week.

I shall be investing.

LPplusOne Wed 23-Jan-13 18:37:56

Sorrell all the way here, too. They're the best!

amothersplaceisinthewrong Wed 23-Jan-13 18:38:18

Yes, I have a pair, no particular make, but so warm and comforable. i don't care if they add 20 years to me!

MegBusset Wed 23-Jan-13 18:40:51

I bought some Sorel Joan Of Arctics but wasn't too impressed tbh - they were very bulky and took forever to take on and off. In fact I must get round to eBaying them.

evertonmint Wed 23-Jan-13 18:43:37

I have some leather Merrell ones. Expensive at the time and I did wonder if it would be worth it but 4 winters in they're fantastic. Fur lined do incredibly cosy, and because they're leather they don't look ridiculous when it's not snowing so I wear them on any cold day and have cosy feet.

evertonmint Wed 23-Jan-13 18:45:17

Ah quick google confirms they're Merrell Oslo as mentioned by others smile

ILikeBirds Wed 23-Jan-13 18:46:01
GrimmaTheNome Wed 23-Jan-13 18:48:14

I got some from Trespass when it was really cold and icy a couple of years back (didn't everyone?) but they have nothing to do with Style&Beauty grin
Dunno if they look 'old ladyish' but they help me behave like a big kid in snow.

If the paths are salted, I want something that will wash not stain.

I have these, they are brilliant, warm, dry and not expensive Raw Terrain

I paid £30 ish for mine iirc. DS has a pair of Junior ones and DD has posh pink ones that my mum bought for her.

Corygal Wed 23-Jan-13 18:49:45

fitflop blizzard boots, brillo if you have bad balance as I do. You can get them in the sale now (google for 60, half price) or the shearling ones wh I have for a bit more.

Tip - take the laces off so they look like average boots/you don't look like a dick when it stops snowing.

Karrimor Snowfur here. Really warm and comfy.

Corygal Wed 23-Jan-13 18:51:49

Oooh! Superblizz shearling ones are 70 quid online, slashed from 175.

auldspinster Wed 23-Jan-13 18:53:43

I've got a pair from Lands End that I've had for about 5 years, so cosy although I use hillwalking boots with walking poles in serious snow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now