Eve Lom, Liz Earle or Emma Hardie cleanser? AND - eye creams!

(19 Posts)
wriggletto Tue 22-Jan-13 11:02:47

I've had all three, and while I think they're all pretty good, Emma Hardie probably edges it, for me. I keep the Liz Earle C&P for using a few times a week with my Clarisonic.

Chandon Tue 22-Jan-13 10:49:33

Roc retinol creams definitely do something, as it turned my skin red and itchy!

I agree about the silicones comment.

All REN products are silicone free, and I love them. Makes my skin look moisturised but not shiny, it all smells nice of natural scents and their Glycolactic mask is one of the few beauty creams that actually works (makes skin softer and smoother, it is like a gentle peel with enzymes)

Not many miracle workers out there, but also like the Boots Simple range as a budget choice.

valiumredhead Tue 22-Jan-13 10:05:26

The aloe range from The Body Shop is far superior to LIz Earle imo - I use the cleanser with a muslin cloth. The night cream is amazing stuff.

Missbopeep Tue 22-Jan-13 10:02:36

I don't know TBH but what I have read is that most stuff you can buy doesn't have enough- it has to be prescription strength. I think the better ones are Roc and Olay Regenerist.

mirai Tue 22-Jan-13 09:32:00

Retinol! Not tribalumiwotsit!!! Retinol!! grin

mirai Tue 22-Jan-13 09:31:16

Missbebop is there a certain concentration of triboluminescent you need to use? I mean browsing t'internet I've found a palmers eye cream with retinol in for six quid! Too much of a bargain?!

Sugarice Tue 22-Jan-13 09:05:25

I love Emma Hardie cleansing balm, it is superb.

I only have to use a tiny amount but it does the job so well and it's lovely to use.

I've also left it on as an overnight treatment when I've had a cold and my skin goes dry and feels tight.

Liz Earle is too harsh imo.

Missbopeep Tue 22-Jan-13 08:49:47

Oh and eye creams are rubbish too. Unless you buy something with retinol in you won't make any permanent changes to existing lines. All eye creams do is slap silicone on which fills the lines for as long as you use them. You need to stop squinting if you do- use sun block- and keep your intake of alcohol low/not at all as it dries skin terribly.

Missbopeep Tue 22-Jan-13 08:46:40

Save yourself a fortune and try the Boots No 7 one- around £9.
I hate the smell of the Liz Earle one- too mentholy and thick to spread on your skin.

TBH what you use to remove your make up is never going to work miracles- it's on and off your face in seconds. All you need is something that removes make up and dirt, and doesn't dry your skin out .

I buy the cheapest cleansers there are- sometimes I've used Boots own which is about £1.25. But I will pay a lot more for a good moisturiser which has anti oxidents in it , and I use a good quality sun block every day of the year under foundation.

mirai Tue 22-Jan-13 08:03:49

wonderfultykes good point about the smells. I like cloves AND citrus scents!!

mirai Tue 22-Jan-13 08:02:28

I've tried Elemis before and just don't rate it Housewife, thank goodness it was a freebie as I'd have been disappointed otherwise!

OK so I think I'm ruling out Liz Earle, I definitely want balm over a cream and camphor oil sounds scary (is it?)

Eye magic potions can be from any range, I'm almost at the point of saying bugger the cost! The differences in photos of me from now and a year ago are shocking sad

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 22-Jan-13 07:56:55

I have used eve lom, decleor, clarins, elemis etc, and I prefer Emma hardie overall, and I also rate her moringa face wash too. Theyre the only ones I ever buy more than once.

Elemis melting cleansing gel is also a nice.

HyvaPaiva Tue 22-Jan-13 07:51:59

I don't like Liz Earle products at all but Eve Lom is a godsend. As it's hugely expensive, a good way to try it for the first time is to use the morning time cleanser version which is a smooth balm that can still be used with the muslin. I've heard good things about the eye cream too.

blondassassin Tue 22-Jan-13 07:48:34

<also poised with notebook for eye cream verdict>

I use Liz Earle atm which I like but am awaiting my pot of Emma Hardie to try as have heard it's pretty amazing. I do like the Liz Earle but find in this cold weather I have to limit it to every other day. My skin is quite dry though

Like OP I've started noticing fine lines around my eyes and wondering about eye cream. Always thought separate eye cream was a load of old nonsense until recently, but my 33 almost 34 yo skin is suggesting otherwise :-(

knitknack Tue 22-Jan-13 07:36:46

Hardie!!! No contest - liz Earle isn't a balm cleanser, btw, it's a cream (and with camphor oil too, shudder)

wonderfultykes Tue 22-Jan-13 06:45:29

I've used all 3 cleansers. Eve Lom smells best but is priceyest! prefer thicker texture of Lom and Hardie over Earle.

Hardie more citrusy, Lom more clovey, Earle more eucalyptus/rosemary.

Hardie does fabulous incredible microfibre cloth much better than plain muslin.

On balance, if you get cloth with it, Hardie, if not, Lom. If prefer more creamy less balmy texture, Earle.

Also await eye info, but I love the AHA one

magoosmom Tue 22-Jan-13 06:20:38

I love Eve Lom, it's amazing, have heard her eye is fab too. Didnt like Liz Earle as much.

ComradeJing Tue 22-Jan-13 06:13:19

<waits for eye cream verdict>

I've used Eve Lom and Liz Earle. My skin is better with Liz Earle but I prefer the texture of Eve Lom. I have combination skin.

mirai Tue 22-Jan-13 05:28:19

I fancy the idea of getting a cleansing balm but am not sure which one to go for! I will be swayed by the majority verdict! My skin is normally quite dry and I'm also starting to get some noticeable lines around my eyes sad so any eye cream miracle workers recommendations would be great too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now