Peony and Moore Lucia reduced for a couple of days...

(19 Posts)
tethersend Sun 20-Jan-13 22:58:09

Here

I know some people like it.

madammecholet Mon 21-Jan-13 07:34:53

I saw that too, bargainous! I love mine..smile

CambridgeBlue Mon 21-Jan-13 08:01:39

I saw this on Twitter and have been debating all night! I really want a decent, leather but not stupidly expensive bag. I've got some Xmas money left and it's my birthday (40th) in a few weeks so I could probably afford/justify it but it would still be the most money I've ever spent on a bag. I know they don't do discounts that often so this is probably as cheap as it will get isn't it. Oh I don't know what to do! (Or which colour to get if I decide to go for it...)

madammecholet Mon 21-Jan-13 09:04:38

I love the dark brown.... that'd be my choice for a 2nd one (already have the camel)..

CambridgeBlue Mon 21-Jan-13 09:13:48

Do you know if they do the Lucia in a grey? I'd be prepared to pay the extra £40 for that I think, I wear loads of grey.

Missbopeep Mon 21-Jan-13 11:12:04

Has anyone got the Olivia?

My questions are: is it heavy before anything is in? Is it too shiny? Is the colour too red? Is the gold hardware too blingy?

CambridgeBlue Mon 21-Jan-13 11:27:20

Coincidence - they've just tweeted that they're releasing the Lucia in......... Dove Grey later in the year! May have to wait for that and watch out for another discount.

MonaLotte Mon 21-Jan-13 13:35:30

Just saw on Facebook they have updated the Lucia with some updates features for the new bags. I really hope it's a zip! I can never use mine in the rain as its quite open (northern Scotland!) sad

polyhymnia Mon 21-Jan-13 16:30:56

Interesting. Really wanted a grey Lucia - but, instead of waiting for them to do it in grey, or tan, I bought a dark brown which is OK, but which I don't seem to get as much use out of it as I thought.

Not sure I'd want two Lucias anyway - unless they've altered it a lot, including adding a zip. But I do hope the dove grey isn't too light because I think that'll make it less versatile.

I have the Modalu Pippa in 'Shark' which is such a light grey I feel it's very much a spring/summer colour, whereas I like all-year-round colours, eg a good tan.

(I also find the Pippa metalwork a bit too shiny for my taste, but that's another issue. P and M have nice, non-bling metalwork, in my experience).

CambridgeBlue Mon 21-Jan-13 20:42:59

I did think 'dove grey' sounded very pale, am crossing my fingers that it's not too impractical a colour. I like the sound of the Lucia not being too bling, not a fan of gold/brass coloured metalwork but can take it if it's not too shiny

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Mon 21-Jan-13 20:53:13

love this but would also like a grey bag, or a black one. I cant see the Lucia in either of these colours on the website though - do they make it in grey or black?

polyhymnia Mon 21-Jan-13 23:32:45

No. Not at the moment. But apparently they're going to launch a grey one for the spring soon.

KristinaM Tue 22-Jan-13 00:31:46

I have a navy lucia and I love it

Bathlet Fri 01-Feb-13 15:33:53

There is currently 10% off Peony & Moore Bags, for Mumsnetters http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_bath_mumsnet_local_discounts/1666672-10-off-at-Peony-Moore-for-Mumsnet-Local-Bath

LaurenBacall Fri 01-Feb-13 16:31:44

Do you work for P&M, Bathlet? grin

Bathlet Fri 01-Feb-13 17:20:35

Hi LaurenBacall, I don't work for P&M but I work on the local site for Mumsnet Bath and wanted to give P&M likers a hand as P&M are currently giving our Bath MNters a discount for the launch of our new site (as they are local to Bath): http://local.mumsnet.com/bath
Sorry I did not mean to look like I was spamming smile

LaurenBacall Fri 01-Feb-13 22:54:13

Sorry! It was a tongue in cheek post and not my usual style though I did wonder when I saw all the old P&M posts resurrected. Would love to see their bags IRL and wish the new Lucia had more colour choices smile

CambridgeBlue Fri 01-Feb-13 22:57:42

I was a bit disappointed with the new Lucia - quite like the grey although it's maybe a bit pale but I hate the big pocket that's been crammed in on the front. Such a shame as it's a lovely bag apart from that.

LaurenBacall Fri 01-Feb-13 22:59:45

Just been having another look at it Cambridge - agree about the extra pocket, it makes it look a bit bulky or something. Doesn't sound like it has two internal compartments which I am desperately seeking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now