Clothes you've bought then spotted a celebrity wearing

(84 Posts)
chanie44 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:55:29

What items have you bought that you've then spotted on a sleb? Was it somebody fashionable or a saddo?

I bought a dress from oasis to wear to a wedding. Then spotted on Gillian mckeith. Needless to say, it went straight to the charity shop.

A work top spotted on Sonia Jackson and Tracey Barlow (the characters not the actresses). Couldn't wear it knowing that I had the same clothes as frumpy Sonia.

gobacktoyourplaypenbaby Mon 21-Jan-13 09:42:48

monkeysmama Not that silver puffa jacket? (Keeps fingers closed thats a 'no') wink

ajandjjmum Mon 21-Jan-13 09:47:55

Maureen
I had a 'going away' outfit nearly 30 years ago! grin

DD bought a bright orange jacket in the sale a couple of weeks ago. She then spotted Claire Balding wearing it on her new Saturday night programme.

EspressoMonkey Mon 21-Jan-13 09:51:08

I bought a wollen coat in NYC and a while later Bree was wearing it on Desperate Housewives. A colleague watched the show and spotted it. I was known as Bree for a few weeks after that. Beautiful coat, shame i don't fit into it now.

monkeysmama Mon 21-Jan-13 09:57:14

smile GoBack! No. Sharon was wearing a black leather fronted Zara jacket I also have.

Clickmyredshoes Mon 21-Jan-13 10:03:12

I bought a purple wool coat with detachable black fur collar about 15yrs ago in Next, loved it until I saw Dot Cotton wearing it in the Queen Vic...

LittlePandaBear Mon 21-Jan-13 20:38:24

Oh no, I think I've just spotted Kerry Katona in the very bottom picture, in the cheap New Look leather jacket that I have.

So my celeb a-likes are now Chantelle and Kerry Katona. I think I need to rethink my style! blush

CHOOGIRL Mon 21-Jan-13 20:58:00

K Middy went through a phase of copying me. Reiss Shola. LKB Sledge and a couple of Whistles dresses. Fortunately I was able to offload to eBay for pretty much what I paid for them.

GreyGardens Mon 21-Jan-13 21:06:38

I bought a dress in Great Plains sale recently, it was awful, tried to palm it off on my mum who very sensibly refused it. We then watched Miranda together and she was wearing it. The dress went straight back. Utter mortification!

I bought a gorgeous wisteria print blazer from Whistles, and then Mary Berry wore it in the final of the Great British Bake Off grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now