Clothes you've bought then spotted a celebrity wearing

(84 Posts)
chanie44 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:55:29

What items have you bought that you've then spotted on a sleb? Was it somebody fashionable or a saddo?

I bought a dress from oasis to wear to a wedding. Then spotted on Gillian mckeith. Needless to say, it went straight to the charity shop.

A work top spotted on Sonia Jackson and Tracey Barlow (the characters not the actresses). Couldn't wear it knowing that I had the same clothes as frumpy Sonia.

Ulysses Sun 20-Jan-13 09:02:40

I still have a black dress which one of the X Factor contestants wore on the opening credits for the show a good few years back. It wasn't particularly glamarous and I still wear it to the office.

mewkins Sun 20-Jan-13 09:04:59

I went to the cinema to see one of the Harry Potter films. Hermione was wearing the exact same Howies jumper that I was sitting the wearing. Ron was wearing the same top that one of our friends sitting with us was wearing!!!

I have also seen a girl wearing not one but two of my coats on Hollyoaks.

BikeRunSki Sun 20-Jan-13 09:16:00

I have the same necklace as Fiona Bruce! It is a star shaped pendant with diamonds.

ujjayi Sun 20-Jan-13 09:37:03

I have good & bad.... I shall leave it up to you to decide which is which wink

Tulisa wearing the Vivienne Westwood "Friday Dress".

Helena Christiansen wearing Matthew Williamson for H&M parrot dress.

Both of which reside in my wardrobe.

SweetieTime Sun 20-Jan-13 11:35:26

I wear tunic dresses quite a lot and have seen Sarah Millican wearing the same ones. I always think "do I look like that in mine?" in all honesty I probably do sad

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sun 20-Jan-13 11:45:08

Oh god ruby, not Tess Daly shock. I used to think that only an affair with the head of wardrobe's husband would explain her clothes. Did you burn it?

Back in the early eighties, I bought a lovely fringed, expensive, Flapper-style dress that I save hard for. To my absolute delight, the girls from The Human League wore the same dress on TOTP a couple of weeks later. One wore my black version, the other the white one. I bloody loved the Human league from then on...

Trills Sun 20-Jan-13 11:48:14

I love that Issa dress, it is just the sort of thing that I like. Couldn't ever wear it now of course. <sigh>

scripsi Sun 20-Jan-13 13:21:09

I know Trills it is even more beautiful in the flesh. Perhaps get a very, very different colour?

MaureenShit Sun 20-Jan-13 13:21:53

im entertained people buy " going away " dresses these days

ChristianGreyIsAJackass Sun 20-Jan-13 13:23:41

I had a lovely coat from warehouse years ago and saw that blonde woman from footballers wives wearing it... the nasty one... she has been in a few things since then, name escapes me!

Not read whole thread, but I used to have a Boden habit until I saw half my wardrobe featuring in the first series of Miranda.

Love her, but my style icon she ain't.

Help the Aged had a field day blush

cjbk1 Sun 20-Jan-13 13:26:13

was it Zoe Lucker? playing Tanya Turner?

ChristianGreyIsAJackass Sun 20-Jan-13 13:28:37

thats her cjbk1! Thankyou

rubyrubyruby Sun 20-Jan-13 15:20:29

ladyisabella - yes Tess <<hangs head in shame>>
I returned mine for a refund wink

cjbk1 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:35:59

grin @christiangrey

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Carrotcakeisace Sun 20-Jan-13 21:05:50

Sarah Millican has my M&S dress and wore it in her first tv series, although she also wore trousers underneath it

Oh my god, so we can call Peter Andre a greasy emotional abuser, but I can't be honest about other celebs?!

scarlet76 Mon 21-Jan-13 00:55:40

I had a French Connection Jersey dress that pippa middleton was papped wearing. I am no fan and so I then hocked it on ebay for a ridiculous amount.

Prforone Mon 21-Jan-13 01:17:17

Saw a young presenter on Milkshake wearing an Oasis t-shirt I own a few weeks back. Which made me think maybe I'm dressing too young for my age confused

But then, last week, Abi from Eastenders was wearing the same Florence & Fred jumper as me. Not so sure on that one whether I'm dressing like mutton, or Eastenders are making Abi look like an old frump!

gobacktoyourplaypenbaby Mon 21-Jan-13 07:19:57

I got a silver and black skirt from topshop, wore it to the work xmas party then a couple of weeks later spotted it on Viv from emmerdale! It was never worn again!! blush

Nivet Mon 21-Jan-13 07:23:49

Caroline bloody Quentin wore my coat in her shit documentary about Cornwall.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 21-Jan-13 07:35:28

I saw a Boden cropped cardi of mine on Phoebe from 'Friends.' Was a swirly Paisley design and I loved it - put weight on so it's consigned to the loft now, waiting for me to shrink has been for four years.

I also once saw a Jigsaw jacket on What Not To Wear - it was one of the newly-bought things, I hasten to add smile.

monkeysmama Mon 21-Jan-13 09:30:35

Eastenders characters keeping wearing things I have. Sharon had my jacket on the other day and twice Bianca has worn things I have. That's pretty bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now