Clothes you've bought then spotted a celebrity wearing

(84 Posts)
chanie44 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:55:29

What items have you bought that you've then spotted on a sleb? Was it somebody fashionable or a saddo?

I bought a dress from oasis to wear to a wedding. Then spotted on Gillian mckeith. Needless to say, it went straight to the charity shop.

A work top spotted on Sonia Jackson and Tracey Barlow (the characters not the actresses). Couldn't wear it knowing that I had the same clothes as frumpy Sonia.

ArtexMonkey Sat 19-Jan-13 16:24:00

Not me, but keanu reeves was papped on a motorbike last year wearing the same merrell shoes as my dh has.

Chewbecca Sat 19-Jan-13 16:26:34

I have one pair of posh shoes - Jimmy Choo Vamp (my 40th bday present) and after choosing them I googled and discovered they're quite popular amongst celebs, including Kate Middleton. Not quite decided if it's a good or bad thing!

ggirl Sat 19-Jan-13 16:27:00

Bloody Alexa Chung is always copying me

Celticlassie Sat 19-Jan-13 16:32:54

Cat Slater had the same top as me once. sad

Don't think I ever wore it again.

RedPencils Sat 19-Jan-13 16:33:43

Bianca in EE has my dressing gown, from next.
My MIL bought a new coat and saw Hayley off corrie in it. Neve wore it again.

cjbk1 Sat 19-Jan-13 16:35:57

This is going back a bit; my mum bought me a 'smart top' from dunnes
store I think, I wore it one evening in my uni halls someone pointed at Irene in Eastenders and said "isn't that your top?" blushangry

more recently; I saw Heidi Range wearing an exact miss selfridge print tunic that iv got
and 'Carly' in the inbetweeners was wearing 'my' topshop cropped cardi
I'm sure there's more....

I have a grey denim French connection jacket that is quite old, but I love it. One of the girls off Charmed has it.... Also swear one of my sainsburys tops was worn this week by someone in eastenders.... But couldn't really believe it shock

scripsi Sat 19-Jan-13 19:44:01

This might out me, but friend of mine splurged on a blue Issa dress for her going away dress (wedding), then it was worn by Kate Middleton for her official engagement announcement. Friend ended up with perhaps the most recognisable dress in recent memory. She rang me up when the engagement was announced hissing "turn your TV on now!"

starfishmummy Sat 19-Jan-13 19:51:45

I had a top that I dawn a character in corrie wearing and then Jack and Veranda had our duvet cover.
Mil used to buy us stuff from C&A (shows age here) which I would often spot on emmerdale.

LittlePandaBear Sat 19-Jan-13 20:14:55

Jack and Veranda grin

scripsi Sat 19-Jan-13 20:17:11

excellent typo grin

MouseyHousey Sat 19-Jan-13 20:43:55

I have a blue flowery dress from french connection. My DH spotted it in American Pie the reunion on the 'choir girl priss' (cant remember her name). Does that count?

CointreauVersial Sat 19-Jan-13 23:22:42

I have a very distinctive silk La Redoute dress, and I noticed yesterday that it has a starring role in the Mr Bean film.

Ian Beale on Eastenders used to have our living room shelving (Ikea).

plus3 Sat 19-Jan-13 23:27:48

Another Miranda & Boden top - a tunic which I loved & all my younger friends always complimented me on. DH finds this v.amusing

rubyrubyruby Sat 19-Jan-13 23:34:56

I bought a dress to wear to my wedding and then spotted whatserface wearing it on Strictly.
I wore another dress anyway after all.

smoothieooo Sat 19-Jan-13 23:41:31

I bought my STBExH a Ted Baker shirt that I later saw Sean Locke (comedian) wearing. Trying to eBay it at the mo - plus a whole load of other stuff that ex left in wardrobe and hasn't bothered coming back for grin

sleepdodger Sat 19-Jan-13 23:46:20

My lovely Zara stud sleeve coat
Ff a week and Coleen I can afford anything Rooney was wearing it wink
.... But it was also on gossip girl so I'm clearly in good tastes!

I don't know if this counts but I bought a swaddling blanket for dd and a few weeks after she was born saw Jamie and Joules Oliver bringing one of their dc home from.being born wrapped in the exact same one grin

jasmin27 Sun 20-Jan-13 00:26:30

I bought a wrap style dress from h&m sale couple of years ago, only £5. Then saw interior designer on This Morning and Lorraine wearing it twice. Don't know her name.

Rocksie Sun 20-Jan-13 00:40:25

I remember years ago that I had a top that I saw on Little Mo (Kat Slater's sister)from Eastenders I think it was from next - shame I used to love that top.

Then I had a lovely Ralph Lauren green padded jacket that J Lo had on in one of her videos - that I didn't mind so much.

blondieminx Sun 20-Jan-13 00:48:01

I had a khaki top which I then saw on Little Mo on Eastenders so promptly ebayed it... It was brought by a current radio 2 newsreader!

EldritchCleavage Sun 20-Jan-13 00:52:56

Bathing suit. Later spotted on Joan Collins. Who looked better in it than me. Fucking hell.

AgeingFop Sun 20-Jan-13 06:54:04

I have a t-shirt with a silhouette of a girl with red shoes on it. Saw it on a children's TV presenter.

Children's TV presenters are not known for their restrained, sophisticated style!

MaureenShit Sun 20-Jan-13 08:22:01

Lol at the humble bragging on here

SteppingOnLego Sun 20-Jan-13 08:49:12

Ooh this has only once happened to me. I have a green stripey jumper from gap that I saw a photo of Kate Moss wearing. This was around 10 years ago now and I still have the jumper. Don't suppose she does...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now