I have a hairy face, I do!

(34 Posts)
HeyHoHereWeGo Fri 18-Jan-13 18:40:31

I have had years of electrolysis - I find it crazy painful, it is not in any way permanent, I have to leave the hairs get long enough to do, and it gives me spots.

When lasers first came out I spent hundreds having laser - I knew even as they did it that it was rubbish - a half- hearted job to say the least - I dont know if lasers have improved or did I just pick a rubbish salon?

I currently tweeze but I do know that I am only get the dark ones and leaving the very obvious fuzz.

I waxed for years but with newborn its hard to get to salon.

I tried homewax strips once and it took me an hour to pluck up the courage to pull the strip.

So what do I do?
I have a moustache, a hairy chin, sideburns, the lot.

(inspired by the dont bleach your tache thread - yes I have bleach in the bathroom I admit)

Dancergirl Sat 19-Jan-13 10:25:50

Threading is soooo painful, much more so than waxing which is quick.

Salbertina Sat 19-Jan-13 10:29:50

Depends on skill of threader also not doing at TOTM or just before. Waxing hell for me so guess we're all different.

HeyHoHereWeGo Sat 19-Jan-13 11:57:32

So Lumea does work people feel?
I'll google it now and look for reviews.
I have the fuzz but also the black wirey ones. I concentrate on the big black ones but it means I have stopped seeing the fuzz.
A child asked me once if I was a man because I had a moustache!!!!

holidaysrcoming Sat 19-Jan-13 12:32:59

I have bleached for years, have a fine blonde tache but I do think that is a lesser evil than - spots from cream (always irritates me) regrowth from wax, which if my chin is anything to go by, will be darker and not much finer.

I have come to the conclusion that it's hormonal and no matter how you get rid of, the hormones will produce more. I read that even with laser the follicles are only damaged, and they eventually recover, in some people quicker than others. By the time I'm 60 I'll be a man.

Eliza22 Sun 20-Jan-13 14:53:18

Hmmm...so, plucking makes 'em thicker?

freerangeeggs Sun 20-Jan-13 16:57:08

I find plucking makes them thicker. I have a really fuzzy face, though it's all very light coloured. The ones I pluck regularly are now dark and thick and grow in like stubble.

I was thinking of electrolysis - I thought it was supposed to be permanent?

freerangeeggs Sun 20-Jan-13 17:01:36

Also - look how hairy Kate Winslet's face is! Makes me feel better. Kate Winslet is a babe.

oliviafrombolivia Sun 20-Jan-13 18:02:52

Before threading I take strong painkillers, takes the edge off a bit!

Eliza22 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:31:02

Kate and me and the hairy Billy Goat Gruff chin.... The only thing we have in common. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now