Fur/shearling gilets

(30 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Thu 17-Jan-13 21:05:49

OK I know they're a staple of the 'yummy mummy' wardrobe [hears collective gasp at invoking the yummy mummy cliche]

But I like them. I really do.

So if you have one you adore or you covet please let me know. I wore a burgundy james lakeland one today and it was cosy and I think chic [deluded]. And have ordered ahem a children's grey one from alexandalexa as I am small and you know doing this 5:2 diet so surely it will fit.

Please show me some links - I'm meant to be having radical haircut tomorrow but suspect I'm going to be snowed in and will need entertaining.

Thank you!

CointreauVersial Mon 21-Jan-13 13:00:26

Hasn't arrived yet, monkeysmama.

I'm sure its arrival will herald the start of a heatwave!

Price was good, though. I saw it on a blog and thought "I'm having that."

CaroleService Mon 21-Jan-13 14:17:05
whateveritakes Mon 21-Jan-13 16:43:13

These are real but very very warm and lovely quality. Saw them at a posh Christmas fair Pink Peony

shopafrolic Tue 22-Jan-13 12:49:38

Oh to have a real shearling one but it's soooo cold today (and I got sucked in by this thread) that I picked this up for half price
Mint Velvet

Chandon Tue 22-Jan-13 14:50:56

I adore my Nursey toscana gilet, which I bought 4 years ago when I moved to the cold wet climate of the UK.

It is glam-hippy and a great fit. All the fashion ones were too short on me, as am 6ft.

I wear it indoor mostly, as I get cold. It is my favourite and my best! my kids try to steal it, as it is so soft and strokeable. It would be my one item of clothing I would take with me if my house caught fire.

They do similar ones to my old one still, but they look shapeless in the picture. Much better on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now