Best work trousers - what's current style

(123 Posts)
sincitylover Sat 12-Jan-13 11:43:04

I am in desperate need of smart work trousers - last ones I bought were per una stretch boot flare but they're too big and I'm out of touch.

In casual I wear skinny and I wore skinny black trousers with a smart jacket but it didn't feel right

I like cigarette trousers for work but agree that the ankle chilliness is an issue. I tend to go for this shape for ankle coverage although I am toying with this shape but worry that it could look a bit pyjama -y.

Great tip on the PB Noddy smile

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 13:02:47

Love those massimo dutti trousers will order i think

cocolepew Sun 13-Jan-13 13:04:44

Ummm they looked ok, pretty thick and not shiny, they had horizontal zip pockets on they front. I didn't inspect them too hard tbh.

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 13:04:51

God beehive have a list building on there so many things i like

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 13:18:29

I'd look like a clown in them. Can't wear any pleating. Look huge

alemci Sun 13-Jan-13 13:22:11

My work trousers are really dated but it is such a nightmare to get ones which fit properly. I used to like the original Principles but the ben de lisi ones are cut differently and are not comfortable.

I seem to buy more and more skirts as they are easier and I don't get that horrible crotchy feel which seems to inflict me with most makes of trousers.

Don't like 3/4 cigarette pants and I want to be warm.

insprognito Sun 13-Jan-13 13:35:05

I like the cigarette style trousers but not in 7/8 style at this time of year.I like to wear a high heeled boot and they just don't go unless its a low cut shoe-boot.I went shopping for work clothes recently and must have tried on about 30 pairs of trousers!

I'm just under 5ft4 and find most trousers too long unless I have heels on. For the first time ever I tried the petite range at Wallis and they're perfect. I bought a skinnny bootcut, slightly flared at bottom but very slim fitting so still a modern silhouette.

I'm a 10/12 and an hourglass. I have trouble with trousers because if they fit at the hips they're often too big at the waist. I end up wearing them quite low (not quite hipsters though lol).

I love pussycat blouses but they don't suit me. I'm a 34dd and think I look top heavy and mummsy in anything with a high neck. I think a V neck looks best on my shape. I've also just bought a couple of smart/casual fitted jumper dresses they're great if your waist is a different size to your bust and hips.You don't get that excess material round your middle that shift dresses give me.
All I need now is a skirt style to suit me. I just don't know where to start?

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 13:36:44

I must be the only person with boobs who doesn't suit v necks!

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 13:37:33

Incognito. You want some with stretch don't you?

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 13:38:02

I think high necks can work if arms out.

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 13:38:33

Skirts. I just live on pencils. Zara

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 13:38:47

Ouchy

In pencils

IMO marks and spencer autograph trousers with wool are the best. Varying leg length at £39.50 a pair. Can't link as on iPad.

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 13:40:33

Just copy the address

Hold finger over address. Select. Copy. Paste

WildThong Sun 13-Jan-13 13:47:21

This thread is fatal! I've just ordered 2 pairs of trousers and 2 tops from the Great Plains sale. Thanks (I think)

insprognito Sun 13-Jan-13 13:52:27

Alemci what type of skirts do you wear?

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 13:56:29

these look good

Jemster Sun 13-Jan-13 14:18:56

Insprognito my body shape sounds like yours. Where did you get your jumper dresses? And what type of shoes with the wallis petite trousers? I'm back to work soon and have nothing to wear as none of old stuff fits.

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 14:36:13

i never hear od massimo thingy apart from on here - what IS it?

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 14:36:43

HOw long are their trews standard? I cant see

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 14:37:32

A bit upmarket zara I have a few things but not bought for years. Love the shoes and coats

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 14:40:31

trousers lenght?

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 14:41:35

No idea although they look long.

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 14:46:11

LOVE the crap English on that site. " lower part" for bottoms and " labor days" for working days

did NO ONE read it before it went live?

Have ordered

#sheep

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 14:47:16

I really like them look fab. I have some long trousers like that and jeans and people always comment on them think you have lost weight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now