Per una - doing something PLAIN? horrors!

(65 Posts)
MaureenShit Wed 09-Jan-13 17:15:39
LaQueen Thu 10-Jan-13 12:23:38

My Mum is 71...she thinks Per Una is a bit frumpy grin

Pinot Thu 10-Jan-13 12:24:09

The hem of the dress looks all odd. Squirly.

Like the necklace but a bit Primarky.

Pinot Thu 10-Jan-13 12:24:56

I would like a tail. I could flick the end when I'm pissed off. Save me frowning <vain>

TigerFeet Thu 10-Jan-13 12:25:37

My Mum is totally frumpy bless her, but she doesn't care because she loves chintzy skirts teamed with waterfall cardies and a natty scarf (she does have some lovely scarves though)

noddyholder Thu 10-Jan-13 12:30:28

They do have the necklaces in primark like bullets on a rope!

digerd Thu 10-Jan-13 13:16:36

I couldn't wear frumpy clothes as I am too slim , petite and elegant - so I am told. I don't wear what I did 10 years ago though.

LifeofPo Thu 10-Jan-13 13:19:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

digerd Thu 10-Jan-13 13:47:56

Life
I do not consider myself gorgeous at all - rather old and wrinkly, but look OK fully clothed, including my arms and legs. No more sleeveless tops, shorts or knee length skirts for me anymore If I could wear gloves to hide my hideous wrinkly hands I would !!.

LifeofPo Thu 10-Jan-13 13:48:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

digerd Thu 10-Jan-13 13:58:04

Yes, thought it was. Getting old is no joke though, but at least we women can laugh about it and be honest. I know women in their late 70s and even 90s with gorgeous skin on their faces. It's all in the genes, you know, as with my and my sister's slender bodies. We can't have it all - although my 83 year-old neighbour has no lines or wrinkles anywhere - her neighbour 25 years younger has .. And she is slim with a gorgeous full head of hair which she dyes the same colour as she used to be. Always looks smart too. Good for her!

Pinot Thu 10-Jan-13 16:52:29

Getting old is no joke?

Evidently.

EbbNFlow Thu 10-Jan-13 16:55:48

Its got to have something Per Una-ish about it. Zebra skin lining? Gold buttons at the back? Bet they accessorize it in the display with a jaunty multi coloured scarf and patchwork mock-leather handbag!

noddyholder Thu 10-Jan-13 17:24:57

pmsl @ jaunty scarf even a hint of jaunty makes me shudder. Scarves hard to get right without looking a bit mother of the bride.

I like scarves - but I am never knowingly jaunty.

And am more Bride of Dracula/Frankenstein ('s monster) than mother of the bride.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now