I've found this really amazing moisturiser!

(37 Posts)
shine0ncrazydiamond Wed 09-Jan-13 12:52:29

Can't link as on my phone but I bought some TempleSpa Skin Truffle facial moisturiser as a treat over Christmas and its FAB!

Yes, it's £££ but bloody hell - it definitely does what it says on the tin! I've been converted from Elemis Pro Collagen - I think it's worth the extra.

Anyone else tried it?

shopafrolic Sun 13-Jan-13 07:54:02

Shine I took your recommendation for the Ren serum oil and it is fab. I can't say I now have the skin of a 12 year old but it is very good indeed and you only need a couple of drops. If you order online direct from Ren the send freebie samples too. So thanks so much for the recommendation.
My skincare recommendation is the new No7 Youthful eye serum. It is amazing and after just a week has definitely softened any fine lines around my eyes....
www.boots.com/en/No7-Youthful-Eye-Serum_1293974/

shine0ncrazydiamond Sun 13-Jan-13 08:51:39

Oh that's good shop - yes it's great isn't it?

I usually avoid no7 because its overpriced for what it is but I do have some of their protect and perfect eye cream and it's actually pretty good.

I shall look out that eye cream

AlwaysOneMissing Sun 13-Jan-13 09:48:13

Can anyone recommend a facial serum which is a bit cheaper than the Ren?
I can only afford up to about £20 but I like the sound of using oil/serum.
TIA

NigellasGuest Sun 13-Jan-13 12:15:53

Always why don't you go and ask for some samples from cosmetics counters. I would head to Clarins and say you are interested in trying a serum and can they recommend anything and if so could you have a sample. Then if you get on well with it, have a look on Ebay for it. There's a couple of Clarins ones I like at the moment, but I'm also using a Kate Somerville one which I got half price in the Space NK sale (now over, unfortunately) - I do love her stuff. I've had a sample of Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum which lasted me 3 nights. I did like it but not sure if I'm going to splash out and buy it or not.

AlwaysOneMissing Sun 13-Jan-13 13:00:28

Thanks Nigellas that's a great tip, I will be near a Selfridges this week so can pop in and see what people have to offer.
I have never had a lot of interest in skin care before so I am not overly familiar with which brands are good. I am suddenly looking a lot older than my years though! So want to start an anti ageing regime.
Thanks for the advice.

shine0ncrazydiamond Sun 13-Jan-13 23:12:42

How old are you AOM?

I started using a serum when I turned 40 last year... I have a very specific routine that cannot be interfered with grin I sometimes mix it up a bit re products, but right now it is...

Eve Lom cleanser [ although I like Liz Earle too ]

Liz Earle toner

Ren or Aromatherapy Associate facial oil

Skin Truffle moisturiser < at the moment > - it's usually Elemis Pro Collagen

Dr Hauschka eye cream

This Works Neck cream

Christ - I feel exhausted just reading that! Only take me 4 mins if that though - and that's taking off a full face of slap. I only use toner and a different moisturiser in the morning

shock I bought a brand new TempleSpa eye cream from the Gateway Christmas stall for 50p!

Goes of to slather all over eye baggage.

I kept meaning to Google, but thought, 'nah, it'll be a made-for-ASDA-type product.

shine0ncrazydiamond Sun 13-Jan-13 23:25:19

WOW!

What a bargain you got there!

I know! I'm going to look like a teenager.

AlwaysOneMissing Mon 14-Jan-13 12:14:52

Shine I am nearly 30, and I feel after a few years of interrupted sleep and the stress of having small DC, it's really taking its toll on my appearance!
I am getting lines on my face, especially around the mouth, and some around my eyes.
Thanks for the advice, I don't know if I am committed enough (or can afford) the beauty regime you do, but I know really that the sooner I start, the better.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 17-Jan-13 17:23:43

for a smooth look and reduced pores and a brightening effect try Clinique for men scruffing lotion as a toner, I pinched DH's as he never used it and wow what a difference in a week. i recommend the sensitive/dry or normal skin ones unless you have a greasy skin as the others can be a bit drying apparently, I have tough skin though and didnt affect me.

TempleSpaRachel Thu 09-Oct-14 11:34:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now