Any fans of Brastop bras out there, especially Curvy Kate/Flirtelle/Kris Line? Come and talk to me!

(40 Posts)
BandersnatchCummerbund Mon 07-Jan-13 22:34:23

I want to talk to anyone who owns or has tried on some of the bras from Brastop and can be bothered to chat, basically. I know there are some bra obsessives out there, so here's hoping. grin

Any Curvy Kate/Flirtelle/Kris Line fans out there?

WildThong Netherlands Sat 23-Feb-13 13:59:10

Hi, I've got this CK here and this CK here
The fluerty is a perfect fit, uplift without push-together, the Tempt Me is definitely more up and together and a bit too cleavegy for me. I have a lovely Kriss Line but its a wee bit smaller in the cup so I don't wear it much which is a bit of a shame.

Chloe1992 Sat 23-Feb-13 13:30:42

Hi
My favourite is Fantasie. I wear the smoothing t shirt bra and normally buy it from Clara-Olivia Lingerie www.clara-olivia.com as they sometimes have discounts. I think they currently have a voucher code for 15off at the moment on all lingerie and swimwear. I also love the Fantasie Elodie which is a bit more luxurious and my favourite Freya bra is Rio. I get all these from Clara-Olivia. I swapped over to them a few years back and have always been pleased with their service.

strumpetpumpkin Wed 09-Jan-13 13:13:31

i cant stand the deco. Ive kept it as its my only strapless, but just feels so bulky and you can really feel youre wearing it. Too structured and firm.

SorrelForbes Wed 09-Jan-13 11:17:44

Ewa Michalak wink

treaclesoda Wed 09-Jan-13 11:09:56

Thanks for the advice. Doesn't have to be moulded cups, but I just happened to be impressed with the shape that the Deco gave me.

The Cleo Juna looks good, and possibly the Bravissimo one too. I have two Bravissimo bras, one of them is a great fit (well, it was when new, but its knackered now!) and the other one, the Alana I think, isn't such a nice shape, it seems to point them a bit outwards and make them flat and pointy! But it is comfortable. Its the holy grail isn't it - a good shape that it comfortable too!

SorrelForbes Tue 08-Jan-13 13:23:02

I've just bought a Cleo Juna which is a padded balconette. Very good uplift.

I had a corset custom made to go under my wedding dress, and the first fitting the woman had made it to the right measurements but kind of hadn't factored in how big my boobs are when deciding on the height of the chest space. I actually physically could rest my chin on them.

Treacle, are you specifically after a moulded bra (a la the Deco) or is it a plunge?

For plunges - try the Bravissimo Satine, the Freya Lauren Padded plunge, and the various ones from Curvy Kate. Curvy Kate have just brought out a moulded too, called the Smoothie. I haven't tried it.

A slightly random suggestion, but I would also suggest trying the Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless. It stops at a G cup but the cups are huge ( I am a 30H/HH and wear a 32G in it) but it gives a lovely plunge shape and great cleavage. I often wear it where I don't need strapless but do need boobage!

DolomitesDonkey Tue 08-Jan-13 09:51:32

I could rest my dinner plate on them and forego cutlery! grin

treaclesoda Tue 08-Jan-13 09:49:45

But if your head gets tired, you could always rest your chin on them grin

DolomitesDonkey Tue 08-Jan-13 09:48:29

I've got the Showgirl and tbh I don't like wearing it out of the house. It's obscene. Giant Chin-Jugs aren't a good look on anyone outside the Moulin Rouge, although 10/10 for lift.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 08-Jan-13 09:28:03

Thank you - very rude of me to just barge in last night! grin

I've just had a look on Fantasie's website, and the one I have and love is a Helena.

I am so obsessed with bras atm. I tried loads back in September and really couldn't find one that I liked - the Helena is one I've had for a while which had got a teeny bit loose, but I have put about 3lbs on over Christmas and now it fits perfectly. I'd like to lose about 10lbs and then look again!

treaclesoda Tue 08-Jan-13 09:19:45

Can I join the chat for bit of advice?

I can't get on with the Deco, it gapes at the top of the cups and sort of twists in the middle, so the wires aren't sitting where they should be. Tried several sizes, with a good fitter and she concluded that its just not right for my shape. But I love the shape that it makes me - rounded, uplifted and somehow more, er, compact!

Can anyone suggest a bra I could try that might produce a similar shape? Am usually 32g or gg in Fantasie, Panache and Freya.

BandersnatchCummerbund Tue 08-Jan-13 00:14:53

Exactly Statistically!

Ali, do feel free to hijack if you want to talk about different bras before ordering...I reckon between the lot us we've probably tried quite a few! Can you link to the Fantasic balconette that's your favourite so we can see which one it is?

I need to go to bed now, but will check back tomorrow. Thanks for coming to chat, fellow bra obsessives. grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 08-Jan-13 00:07:19

Banders I'm not sure - it could be the Emily, that sounds familiar.

I need uplift too, lots of it. My favourite bra atm is a Fantasie balconette, gives me a good shape.

Thanks for the link Sorrell smile

I bought the Emily on the strength of reviews, in 6 sizes, and it just didn't excite me shape wise. It sort of sat there doing not much at all!

try leia for Fauve - they have some great deals sometimes. I have the Lucia, but in the balcony. it's lush.

I didn't get on with the Thrill Me - only because of the detailing at the top which showed through all my clothes. I don't find the Tease Me looks particularly padded - it more just gives me a lovely shape. I suspect the degree of jiggle depends on how full your boobs are on top - if you have a more rounded shape it may be more obvious.

BandersnatchCummerbund Tue 08-Jan-13 00:01:29

Yeah, the Emily is so pretty that I do have it and like it - but the shape really isn't great. I can't believe that the girl on investinyourchest said it gave great uplift - her breasts must be sky-high on their own! That's what I mean about reviews being hard to tell from.

BandersnatchCummerbund Mon 07-Jan-13 23:59:41

I don't, Sorrel, no - in fact, I hadn't looked at that site before. Looks useful. I do use reviews, but it's so much easier to be able to talk about them - the problem with reviews is that you can never tell what the other person's shape or indeed taste is like - so much more useful to be able to say "yes the shape is exactly like the CK Thrill Me" or whatever!

Loving the look of Fauve and KL - just been having a browse, and I would love to try the Lucia. Would you believe, though, there are no KL 30Gs on brastop, and only one Fauve?! Of all the bloody luck. I suppose I can keep checking.

Ali, which CK did you have? I like padding, not because I want to look bigger but because I want to be pushed up, and unpadded bras can't really do that. Showgirl is pretty good, but there are some problems - the bands are very stretchy, which is particularly annoying when you can't go down a size; some (esp the Tease Me) let you jiggle about a lot, and the Thrill Me is so padded that it does make them look rather enormous. <fussy> They are a great addition to my wardrobe, though - I'm wearing one now!

SorrelForbes Mon 07-Jan-13 23:57:08

Ewa Michalak.

I don't like any of the CK unpadded bras either. Their Emily bra was very disappointing.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 07-Jan-13 23:52:20

Ah ok - I never try any padded ones. I always feel that at 36GG/H there is sufficient without padding! Perhaps I should try one.

Sorrell - what is EW?

I don't like any of the unpadded Curvy Kate bras - I bought a load in a variety of sizes and they all went back. Their Showgirl Range is quite good though.

(and I'm not slim - a very flabby size 14 but strangely narrow backed!)

SorrelForbes Mon 07-Jan-13 23:49:32

Yes, probably worth a trip to a good fitter! At the risk of sounding like I'm on commission, have a look at the EW bras.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 07-Jan-13 23:46:48

Ugh maybe Curvy Kate are better if you are slim with big boobs then? I wear either a 36 or 34 back - and this is my actual measurement rather than the M&S version!
I have one Curvy Kate which seemed fab when I first had it, but now gives my boobs an odd shape, and not much uplift.
I tried ordering a few different sizes and going up a cup because the one I had seemed a bit tight, but then the larger cup was suddenly VAST and rested too far down my torso (I am pretty short which could be the problem).

I need to go to a shop, don't I? <sigh>

SorrelForbes Mon 07-Jan-13 23:43:39

I will! Do you post on Bratabse?

SorrelForbes Mon 07-Jan-13 23:42:22

I have no idea what happened up there!

Should have said 'The Biszkopty gives an amazing shape'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now