Dip dye hair...

(9 Posts)
MahnaMahna Sun 06-Jan-13 15:41:56

I have it, and have had it for two years. It is a gradual fade from dark brown to very blonde, but most people assume it's my own natural hair (although I can't figure out why they think that.)

I think the key is to make sure it's gradual. When I tie my hair up in a bun, the bun is blonde compared to the hair on my head, but it looks okay.

It's quite cool to be able to sometimes colour the blonde a funky colour too x

pictish Sat 05-Jan-13 10:27:17

I like it when the dip dying is blue or green or pink - looks fun and cool.

I don't like the blonde/brown dip dying look though.

HoneyDragon Sat 05-Jan-13 10:25:06

I do it. And love it. I was subtle. This week I went pink at the bottom grin do it!

Willowme Sat 05-Jan-13 10:20:39

I still love it. Got it done before christmas on mid length brown hair mine is very subtle though and not everyone notices.

If it's well done it can look great, I think the trick is getting the graduation right so it doesnt look like two Seperate block colours.

mamalovesmojitos Sat 05-Jan-13 09:21:06

I love it. It's been around for a while of course but I wouldn't let that put me off.

I'm sorry, but I think this has had it's day, it also isn't very professional and I've always thought, no matter how well it was done, a bit cheap frankly.

Sorry

LadySybilPussPolham Sat 05-Jan-13 09:03:57

Not keen. Mostly it looks like the wearer has been growing out a bad bleach job for several years!
If you went for a bold colour it would look better, but maybe not suitable for work?

peggyblackett Sat 05-Jan-13 08:28:47

I hate it I'm afraid <old fashioned>.

MrsWolowitz Sat 05-Jan-13 08:27:38

I'm fancying dip- dying my hair.

I'm 29 and have kind mid-brown hair and a block fringe.

I fancy something like this or this

What is the general s&b consensus on this?

I work in a professional environment but most of the time I have to have my hair tied back or in a bun so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Am I losing it or is it nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now