Hair dye

(10 Posts)
Abigail9580 Sat 05-Jan-13 16:49:01

Well I have taken the plunge, am currently sitting with a very foamy head of hair, keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that it works!! Tried the John F. Foam one. Xxx

Mumelie Sat 05-Jan-13 15:06:22

Hi chubby. I mix up 2 bottles, one of each colour, then to do roots I run one colour through in lines then the other in between those - that's the easy bit. The lengths are harder but try to do something similar. The 2 colours are so close to each other you don't see any strange patchy bits, just a subtle shade difference. Last one I dd was 2 weeks ago and is still looking good and better than block colour.
Just don't try and do it with the foam version!

pinkyp Sat 05-Jan-13 10:33:00

Abigail if you get a red tint you the colour you are picking is golden blonde or warm blonde / honey blonde etc.

If you don't want a red tint go for ash blonde or ice blonde etc

chubbymomie2012 Sat 05-Jan-13 10:23:40

mumelie, that sounds a great idea i use nice and easy too. how do u streak them on please?

Abigail9580 Sat 05-Jan-13 08:11:59

I am a dark blonde mainly, and normally get in dyed pretty light, so it's so diff to know what colour will be light enough, have tries some before but always seem to get a red tint. Why is this?

Cerealqueen Fri 04-Jan-13 22:49:12

I just went for dark blonde (a 7 in most brands) and it worked ok. What colour are you now, mainly?

I'm brunette, so either use a red or a brown one. However, I do like the John Freida foam one or one called Perfect 10 but can't remember which company that is, sorry.

chickydoo Fri 04-Jan-13 22:45:20

Just marking my place. Am in same predicament, will be interesting to see what else people suggest.

Mumelie Fri 04-Jan-13 22:42:25

I switched from expensive highlights about a year ago. I now use Nice n Easy in 2 blonde shades 103a and 103b (I literally streak them onto my hair) for a medium blonde. Hate my roots, make me look tired and old!

Abigail9580 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:30:46

Hi
Advice needed. I usually go to the hair dressers and have blonde highlights. But I now can't really afford it and have terrible roots. Just wondered what home hair dye everyone else uses? It doesn't need to be a highlighting kit, just an all over colour one would be fine- just want to be blonde again ( rather then mousy!) but there are SO many diff makes out there I have no idea where to start.

Thank you all very much xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now