ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Boden sale roundup thread - what was a star buy and what will they have to give away?

(228 Posts)
Northernlebkuchen Thu 03-Jan-13 13:28:19

I got my (final- honest) parcel today and thought it would be fun to summarise (I lead a very uneventful life!)

Hits:

Navy Padded coat for dd3 - BRILLIANT. Looks lovely one and so soft and warm

Raindy Day mac for me - I got the charcoal patterned one and it's beautiful. Feels great and am in love with the pattern which is less aggressive in the flesh than on screen. For £35 - bargain

Cord Placket dress in petrol - love, love, love this - beautifully lined and flattering

Emma tunic dress - I now have three blush

Miss:

Casual jersey dress - it's cheap for a reason. Nice and warm but so dull, so, so dull

Drapey jersey top - also yawn

Lottie tunic - the trim at the top came too low down on my fairly short self so cut bust in two - not a good look.

Anybody else?

notjustamummythankyou Thu 10-Jan-13 19:53:12

Is there another emma dress maybe? It was £59 full price, and charcoal is £23.60 (was £38 ish at the beginning of the week - grr!)

cardoon Thu 10-Jan-13 19:56:40

still £23 - 38 here

How odd, I searched for 'Emma' and it came up as some at 23.60 others up to £86. I got a screen shot- as I was going to complain! grin

Can you post the screen shot grin That is weird! Definately 38 and 23 here too.

notjustamummythankyou Thu 10-Jan-13 20:25:06

Maybe someone was doing a spot of website editing, made an error and realised their mistake?!

I'll try and upload it, if I can figure out how to do it on my phone!

Right, it's on there and I can still see it at the price I screen dumped. hmm Maybe JB is trying to dissuade me from buying...

RedwingWinter Thu 10-Jan-13 21:17:04

It's saying that because you've clicked on three - that's the price for all three dresses.

prelim29 Thu 10-Jan-13 21:44:50

Glad I ordered my Emma dress earlier in the week - everything under a size 14 sold out now, prob thanks to mumsnetters

meltedcreditcard Thu 10-Jan-13 22:55:39

Boden suede brogues were in sale at £66 - was waiting for my size to appear again,

They disappeared on clearance and are now on for full price of £110 shock

Johnny what are you up to?

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Shoes/AR534/Womens-Suede-Brogues.html?NavGroupID=11

Clary Fri 11-Jan-13 00:38:18

LOL @ everyone buying the Emma dress!!

Northernlurker I got the same as you, charcoal with red flowers. Not worn it yet as no coat hooks at my work and don't want to dump my new coat (even if £35) on the floor (it's a school).

May wear it tmrw and secrete it in the office for safety. Will have to walk about the place in it a bit tho to get the full effect. Good thing it's gonna be cold grin

Doh- Redwing blush I am an idiot.

polyhymnia Fri 11-Jan-13 11:49:59

I don't think there is a charcoal with red flowers in the Emma. Only plain charcoal.

cardoon, you say the charcoal Emma is much lighter material than the other one you have . Any difference in the fit?

mejon Fri 11-Jan-13 11:52:12

Anyone on the lookout for a charcoal Emma in 16R - I'll be posting mine back tomorrow. Lovely dress, fabric is a great weight and the colour and it did make me look much slimmer than I think I am, but I could tell that I wouldn't wear it. A bit too clingy up top and I wasn't sure what to do with the drapey bits but it is too long as a tunic to wear with trousers as I'm not confident enough to wear it with tights as a dress. I'm hoping to get a navy Shoreditch cardigan if my size comes back into stock. I have the grey one and it is lovely.

cardoon Fri 11-Jan-13 12:31:00

Yes! It seems quite a bit bigger, more roomy......and longer hmm

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 11-Jan-13 13:52:16

I completly blame all of you for my frivoulous shopping spree this morning! Emma in charcoal and rainy day cot in green undergrowth finally ordered! The Emma is fab I have worn my navy one alot and its very flattering.

There are quite a few rainy dayS left, returns seem to be reloading and going within minutes so keep looking, and pay straight away as otherwise items get removed from your basket and then theyre gone gone gone...

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 11-Jan-13 14:02:59

Oh yes code Q235 gives you free postage on sale items! Shop shop shop!

rubytutu Fri 11-Jan-13 14:12:57

Blaming this thread entirely I have just done my 6th order in as many days, sadly because most of the other stuff has gone back! But have kept the Emma in grey after playing around with the drapey bit def dress length on me. merino cardigans bit hit and miss, the 8 was bigger than the 10 which had very tight sleeves. Also kept a navy cord tunic and just re ordered the navy merino cardigan in bigger size as navy ones came up quite small and not nearly as soft as the grey. must stop now! Sent back the grey Emma in 8R today if anyone stalking them for one!

HelenofSparta Fri 11-Jan-13 14:16:46

Hrumpf. Just gone on to check status of delivery (kids appliqué polo) and it has been cancelled. Has anyone else had this happen to them during sale?
It was a bargain and used above code for free delivery, but a bit annoyed as daughter excited to receive it (had a horse on). Grrrrrr!

rubytutu Fri 11-Jan-13 14:23:02

Yes I had this happen so I phoned and they had some in stock so re ordered, I don,t really understand this as surely you have some sort of stock counter and when that number is reached the item is effectively sold out? Because web shopping works in real time, right? Am assuming they just don,t load returns onto the system instantly and that is how they do this. Have never worked in retail so someone enlighten me please!
ring them Helen as a re order would be free postage too.

notjustamummythankyou Fri 11-Jan-13 15:17:41

Just received the Emma tunic dress in red. Lovely colour - darker than I imagined, but better for it! Definitely more dress length, than tunic length about 3in above the knee for me, and I'm 5'8".

A keeper, methinks! Will be fab for work.

I wore my red Emma for work today - and blessed the Rainy day mac for it's fleece as it's freezing here today!

notjustamummythankyou Fri 11-Jan-13 18:41:53

Northernlurker - I have a feeling that you may live in my area - are you in Yorkshire by any chance?? I'll look out for a red Emma and will give a knowing wink!

Yes that's the right area grin I'll not call the police when somebody starts winking at me.......

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Fri 11-Jan-13 18:56:30

I think I'm the only person not to like their rainy day mac sad after wanting the dark fawn one for AGES it arrived today and I really really wanted to love it, but I dont. The sleeves would need taking up a bit if I keep it but the main thing I dont like is the colour, I was expecting a brown tone but if anything it looks quite green/kharki especially when you put it with brown boots.

Also feels a bit bulkier than I thought and just feels a bit weird on, almost like an overall! On the plus side I'm pleased the fleece lining is pink and not orange like it looks like online.

Waiting until tomorrow to look at the colour in proper daylight (was nearly dark when I got home today & parcel had arrived).

Anyone else got the dark fawn & love it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now