Brora - the sale is on!

(41 Posts)
Euphemia France Thu 03-Jan-13 12:59:21

I just bagged myself this beauty in Sapphire.

I have a few of their cardis now and they are just the best. smile

AnnieMated Thu 03-Jan-13 13:01:47

Still an awful lot for a seriously plain cardigan...

Euphemia France Thu 03-Jan-13 13:03:46

Oh but they're not plain! They're soft and light and warm and gorgeous! They last much better than cheaper items, too.

AnnieMated Thu 03-Jan-13 13:11:11

Not sure there are many mums on here who'd be proud of bagging a cardigan for a 'mere' £169...

Annianni Thu 03-Jan-13 13:17:18

Nice cardigan op.

This is s&b, we're allowed to talk about nice things in here smile

AnnieMated Thu 03-Jan-13 13:20:14

Oh I agree; there's nice though and then there's ludicrously expensive. £169 FOR A CARDI? Has the world gone mad?

cardoon Thu 03-Jan-13 13:21:34

Love them too phemi, I usually treat myself to a little something in the final clearance.....

Euphemia France Thu 03-Jan-13 13:25:38

I work bloody hard so that I can treat myself to these things once a year - I'm sure there are things you spend money on that I wouldn't. smile Each to her own.

dexter73 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:36:34

I have loads of a few jumpers and cardies from Brora - they are ace!

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 14:38:41

Beautiful cardigan - I do think brora is fab quality and if you get tired of it then it goes for £££ on ebay - every very old stuff.

IwantaPetFox Thu 03-Jan-13 14:42:45

Ooh thanks for this OP I will be having a look later!

£169 for a cardi may seem expensive, but it's going to look as good as new for years and years and will keep you very warm. My grandma has cashmere jumpers and silk blouses that she's been wearing for 30 years, and they are in near perfect condition! You can't really say that for the usual cheap acrylic ones you get on the high street these days, which can look saggy and bobbly within six months.

faustina Thu 03-Jan-13 14:46:48

it isn't ludicrously expensive at all. It's the same price you'd pay for three cheap cashmere cardigans which would fall apart quickly, and not be as nice in the first place. Also made in the UK etc etc. Enjoy it Euphemia!

Zwitterion Thu 03-Jan-13 14:52:29

Had a look this morning, but the things I want aren't discounted. I love their stuff. Have a gorgeous thick wool Shetland cardigan from a couple of years ago that is so warm, and gets loads of compliments.

Gloves are great too, beautifully warm and soft and still look like new despite being a) cream, and b) worn for 2 winters c) grabbed by grubby toddlers for 2 winters.

Lovely choice OP

Euphemia France Thu 03-Jan-13 14:52:40

Ooh I will! When I wear my other ones I stroke my arms all day for comfort. smile

EmpressMaud Thu 03-Jan-13 14:55:37

The knitwear is especially lovely, and lasts so well too.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 14:55:42

I wish they'd done more colours in the plain crew neck jumper. I'd really like pale grey but they haven't done it

IwantaPetFox Thu 03-Jan-13 14:56:10

I love their ribbed cashmere socks - not impressed with the paltry £4 discount though!

higgle Thu 03-Jan-13 15:01:19

Thanks for reminding me! There are some nice things but I have to wait for further reductions before I can buy. Their cardigans are reasonable at £169 because everything you buy from Brora is so perfect - I'd rather have 3 or 4 of their cardis than the £1000 bags that everyone on here seems to own.

I have some Brora wristwarmers and a little scarf with pom poms on that I'm sure I'll still be wearing to keep me warm in a care home when I'm 90.

Snowkey Thu 03-Jan-13 15:12:15

Have just bought 2 v neck cardigans - only sale purchase this year.

faustina Thu 03-Jan-13 16:37:13

Mrs CB have you had a look at the Jcrew cashmere? There is plenty in pale grey there and it's the same quality. I think their sale code might still be active too

AuldAlliance Thu 03-Jan-13 18:23:14

What is their sizing like?

knitknack Thu 03-Jan-13 18:44:12

I think it's a sign of how little we pay for 'normal' clothing - Brora clothes are made (sometimes even hand knitted!) in the UK... these are 'proper' prices for beautiful cashmere clothing.

Yama Netherlands Thu 03-Jan-13 18:48:17

Sizing is very big. My size dwarfs me so I'd go one down.

Gingersnap88 Thu 03-Jan-13 19:02:50

I'm very tempted by the cord trousers in the sale, the high waisted ones. But can't decide if they'd suit my post baby body (size 12) now that my waist isn't as defined.. Thoughts? grin

teta Thu 03-Jan-13 19:41:56

I do think Brora are worth it as the clothes are such good quality.I have had some of their lace thermal t shirts for several years and they still look perfect.Though,i do always buy in the sale as i can't afford the high prices normally.I have bought a few items in the clearance sale so far-pigeon cable cashmere wristwarmers and 2 thermal lace edged tops and a cashmere stripy scarf that appeared briefly in the clearance section yesterday[i have wanted a cashmere stripy light weight scarf for ages].So am happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now