Winter wedding outfit - sales?

(31 Posts)
WeAreSix Wed 02-Jan-13 15:00:13

My SIL got engaged last week, they've been together a while so won't be waiting too long to get married. They intend to have the wedding in winter 2013. My DDs christening is in May.

I'd really like a beautiful dress with matching coat, I'm thinking I could wear the dress in May and then the coat as well for the wedding. As its winter wear I thought I might get away with finding something in the sales. Budget is £300 or less for the complete outfit (including shoes & bag).

Any ideas?! Thank you smile

WeAreSix Sat 05-Jan-13 02:13:37

Looks like I'm on my way to not dressing too old tethers smile

The dress is lovely, almost like a dressed up 50s style iykwim. I think the freezing cold bridesmaids will have faux fur stoles, so staying away from them. I do love the ornate bolero though. It's different without being OTT & attention seeking.

I will overhaul my wardrobe when I'm done breast feeding I think. I need to find 'me', my style. Not just jeans and t shirts!

LaTrucha Sat 05-Jan-13 09:30:22

Lovely suggestions on this thread. I'd like you ladies to dress me! (for running around after little ones). smile

WeAreSix Sat 05-Jan-13 13:03:08

Me too latrucha

What do I wear for every day that looks nice but not over done?

WeAreSix Sat 05-Jan-13 15:32:42
LaTrucha Sat 05-Jan-13 17:54:28

I have this top and want a simmilar skirt to wear with ballet flats. I'd get that one but can't find it.

I often wear the top with jeans and a cashmere cardi, western boots. I think it looks nice. I would like more ideas please!

WeAreSix Sat 05-Jan-13 21:01:40

Like the skirt smile if you look on the links above there are some that have full circle skirts which would work.

I think my legs might be out of their usual linen trousers this summer and in circle skirts! Any ideas to protect modesty??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now