Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

What about this dress then....?

(10 Posts)
Dru77 Mon 31-Dec-12 21:17:50

The sleeves come from a matching shrug (which I do not like). Tried it on in a dept store. Not saying which as there was only one left in my size!

thenightsky Mon 31-Dec-12 20:44:46

Which shop did you go to try it on OP? And what's with the sleeves? One pic shows sleeves and the others are sleeveless.

I once bought a dress just to look at and not wear - but it was a vintage 50s prom dress and only cost a tenner.

I don't like the dress in the link, sorry - and it's v expensive for something that you won't get much (or even any) wear out of. It looks v Halloweeny to me.

thenightsky Mon 31-Dec-12 20:09:54

Oh my, oh my, that dress is gorgeous. Buy it. I have a couple of lovely ones like that and just owning them pleases me. I have got to wear them a few times too though.

dexter73 Mon 31-Dec-12 20:04:10

I have to say I disagree and think that there is no point buying a dress that you have no use for. Spend the money on something you love and will wear.

lalalonglegs Mon 31-Dec-12 20:01:45

I'd wear it to the school ball and not worry about being overdressed - you will look ravishing.

notMarlene Mon 31-Dec-12 19:57:08

I;m not usually a fan of matching shit but the shrug is great too.

notMarlene Mon 31-Dec-12 19:54:54

You must buy it!

uptheamp Mon 31-Dec-12 19:44:52

if it makes you happy get it, you never know you might get invited to the perfect place to wear it then regret that you didn't buy it! wink

Dru77 Mon 31-Dec-12 19:38:23

I am v. tempted by this dress

I tried it on today and it hangs beautifully and is not as tackily shiny as it seems in the picture. I have nowhere to wear it to except maybe the school ball (would be a tad overdressed though).

I once bought an evening gown just because I loved it. I never wore it once. Owning it made me happy though.

By some cosmic coincidence this dress is in one of my 'colours' too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now