Anyone got an explanation as to why my eyelids are so sore?

(8 Posts)
cbmum Mon 31-Dec-12 18:19:28

No, it's just the eyelids that are sore. I'm going to pinch some of DDs eczema moisturiser to see if that helps.

Valdeeves Mon 31-Dec-12 10:05:15

Have you got blocked ducts in your eyelids? Their is a simple cleansing routine to help - you gently wipe your lids with sterilised (cooled boiled water) - an optician can tell you?

cbmum Mon 31-Dec-12 08:29:54

Thanks for the replies. I've been under the weather for a few weeks now culminating in a UTI on Christmas Eve so that may have something to do with it. Our house has gone from bug to bug shared and when one gets better the other gets ill. A few more makeup free days and moisturiser then and back to the old sort of mascara too!

standsonshiftingsands Sun 30-Dec-12 22:19:14

My middle son in hosptial at the minute with an periorbital eye infection. Not suggesting you have this, but the doctors are saying that the bugs going around at the moment seem to have an element of eye infection. They haven't seen so many youngsters in with deep seated infections for a long time. They can't quite work it out. I hope yours clears up, but I'm afraid I batted my son's away with days of 'its just a bug' and feel a bit crap mother now. sad

fryingpanalley Sun 30-Dec-12 22:16:10

I get eczema on my eyelids when I'm stressed and run down. Not a great look. A bit of E45 helps.

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 30-Dec-12 22:11:25

I was just going to say have you changed your mascara? I had a terrible reaction when I changed brands recently.

PoppyWearer Sun 30-Dec-12 22:09:18

I have had very sore eyes the past week, concluded it was due to the bug I've got, not an allergy. Have had a couple of make-up-free days and my eyes still feel sore.

I've got the sore throat-painful sinuses-loadsa snot lurgy, FWIW.

cbmum Sun 30-Dec-12 22:06:19

I've not changed makeup (other than a new mascara) or moisturiser so is it just the cold weather? Any suggestions of a cream that will soothe the redness fast as a few days at home without makeup is fine but if I got to work on Wednesday without anything I will look very pale and uninteresting! I've stopped using the new mascara to see if it was that but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Hoping of one of you have a suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now