Would it be the Dermalogica wrecking my face?

(36 Posts)
OhCobblers Sun 30-Dec-12 21:38:15

I started the OCM this year with bio oil which left my skin lovely and soft and feeling clean before bed. In the morning I used a new cleanser (can't remember which but it contained Rosehip oil).

Ever since lots of little spots have broken out. some quite big and bumpy. Lots of "congestion" as the beauty therapists say. I stopped using both and have completely switched to Dermalogica inc moisturiser but not seeing much improvement. Apart from the odd spot now and again I've not had this problem before at all. Some look quite big and dark that i seem to use a concealer every day when previously it's been occasional use.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to help clear it up?

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 31-Dec-12 19:27:08

Toothpaste or savlon great on a big spot. Or magnesium sulphate paste.

Put them on at night and in the morning it will be less red etc

CareerGirl01 Mon 31-Dec-12 19:41:40

I use Dermalogica but the basic range - the dynamic skin recovery was just too strong for my skin - love their products but anything from the age smart range stings my skin.

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 31-Dec-12 19:56:44

Agree with Careergirl - special cleansing gel and active moist or skin smoothing should be enough for basic care of spotty or outbreak skin. It's possible you are doing too much to it OP.

OhCobblers Mon 31-Dec-12 20:02:29

So perhaps ditch the Pre-cleanse for now?
If I use the special cleansing gel followed by occasional use of the micro foliant and keep up with the new moisturiser til it's finished?
Think I might go back to Nivea visage moisturiser when current one finished though!!

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 31-Dec-12 20:10:20

Yep I'd give that a try and then if it's not working go back to a light moisturiser. I've also found that Avene is quite a good range - they have a gel cleanser that is great and a lot less expensive than Dermalogica.

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 31-Dec-12 20:10:50

Yep I'd give that a try and then if it's not working go back to a light moisturiser. I've also found that Avene is quite a good range - they have a gel cleanser that is great and a lot less expensive than Dermalogica.

NieuB Mon 18-Mar-13 10:50:05

Hi ladies, have you thaught of using vit B and Zink for your skin. It really helps. Vit B sustain the nervous system and helps with healing. Zink helps to build healthier cells.

Just a word of caustion: vasaline/mineral oil dehydrates the skin... it actively pulls moisture out of skin. Thats why people get hooked on their lip balm... always dry...

Dermalogica is a fantastic brand, i recomend speak to your therapist, thats why they are there. The range is vast, be sure to get the right product for your skin. Some products have more active ingredients in, and if your skin is sensitive you should not use those, rhather the ultra calming range.
I have seen that my skin break out when it is dehydrated, of if i exfoliate too much, or when i have huge peaks of stress

Hope this helps
ps: try not to swop and change too much, sometimes we do too much and hypersensitise the skin.

Try the new Clean Start range, with some ultra calming cerum consentrate, its out of this world for dehydration and sensitivity and is not heavy and oily... or add the muliivit masque as a night time moisturiser to feed your skin vitamins that it needs for healing and forming healthy cells

piggingpintrest Mon 18-Mar-13 12:00:52

I have sensitive combo skin. I used to use Dermalogica Age-smart and it was the worst thing I ever did. My skin was itchy and awful.

I switched to La Roche Posay Toleraine face (soap free) face wash, water spray and moisturiser. That combined with the Clarinsonic Mia has transformed my face into a flawless transparent joy smile

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 18-Mar-13 12:55:51

I love Dermalogica...I combine ultra calming and age smart.
Works for me.

spanishring Mon 18-Mar-13 14:49:25

Whatever you do -stop using microfoliant. I've seen lots of people react to this product alone.

I can't use any grain type exfoliants. I can use acidic peelers safely but nothing else.

I don't think they suit all skins, a bentonite clay mask brightens my skin much better than a scrub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now