Anyone bought a sofabed recently - I'm loosing the will to live......

(23 Posts)
dizzydixies Tue 01-Jan-13 11:59:41

Bolero is £700 sad so think we'll be aiming for the Debenhams one for £400 thank you though

LakeFlyPie Mon 31-Dec-12 20:08:34

John Lewis have a great range, we've got a Bolero (I think) and it's fantastic as a sofa and a bed smile

ILikeOwls Mon 31-Dec-12 19:52:18

Our nabru one was delivered and put together for us and all wrappings taken away for £20 by nabru. Super quick too and really nice guys. We've had ours for over a year now (along with a chair and foot stool) and really pleased with it. Way more comfy than our previous ikea one

MrsY Mon 31-Dec-12 16:40:59

We ordered an M&S one, black leather and nice modern but elegant shape. It's going in our spare room as we wanted a second sitting room type space, somewhere for me to knit when MrY is on the xbox and him to read when I've got the girls round, or want to watch crappy tv.

MousyMouse Mon 31-Dec-12 16:38:07
dizzydixies Mon 31-Dec-12 16:34:35

Not keen on the 'build it yourself' Nabru option - I'm more of a 'have it delivered and put it in the room' kinda gal!

dizzydixies Mon 31-Dec-12 16:33:40

Not looking for frills either Mousy, just plain and small.

We have a 2.5 bedroomed house for 5 of us. There is a small box room under the stairs that isn't big enough for a single bed but could take a small sofa bed for occasional visitors/sleepover and give the girls a room to sit in when their pals are round. Ideally there will be this wee sofa bed, a set of shelves and the small red computer desk from IKEA in it - when we have visitors the computer desk can get wheeled out somewhere else (we'll work that but out later!)

The leather one appeals if the girls are going to be in there - they're only 9,6 &4 so wipe down option just lovely smile

Pooka Mon 31-Dec-12 16:31:21

The karlstad, but is 2.25m

Pooka Mon 31-Dec-12 16:29:54

We had a nabru one which we just didn't get on with. It didn't feel very comfortable either as a bed or a sofa bed.

The best sofa bed we ever had was from the sofa workshop, but that was quite expensive.

Have an excellent ikea one, with arms, but is over 2m.

MousyMouse Mon 31-Dec-12 16:27:34

we have one from next, didn't like the ones from ikea either and most of dfs and other chains are dominated by very frilly sofas that are not to our taste.
very happy, is very comfy both to sit and sleep on.

lyndie Mon 31-Dec-12 16:24:15

We have a nice one from Next though not many posters here seem to like Next!

dizzydixies Mon 31-Dec-12 16:22:20

BendyBobs - I don't hate IKEA per say - half our house is sponsored by IKEA, I'd just like one that looks like a proper sofa with arms etc etc - not sure why, I just do grin

Off to look at nabru and divani, thank you.

dizzydixies Mon 31-Dec-12 16:21:07

Please link the debenhams one you've found

babooshkadoll Sun 30-Dec-12 19:44:00

Divani on line.
We had one from them lasted years very strong .

ILikeOwls Sun 30-Dec-12 19:35:10

Google nabru we have one of theirs and its fab and you can customize it to exactly what you want. V reasonably priced too

BendyBobsBrusselsSprouts Sun 30-Dec-12 18:04:41

Oh sorry you hate Ikeablush Ignore me<slinks off>

BendyBobsBrusselsSprouts Sun 30-Dec-12 18:02:21

Yes! Bought this from IKEA just before Christmas for use over Christmas.

We have a 9x9' spare room. It's for very occasional use as a bed and fits in well without taking over the room. Nice little sofa too although I plan to get a couple of nice cushions to jazz it up a bitsmile.

Parents said it was comfortable. You can choose between 3 levels of firmness for the mattress.

dizzydixies Sun 30-Dec-12 17:54:27

I've just found one on the Debenhams site reduced from £1k to £400 and it gets good reviews and free delivery.

Brown leather an slimmer than the usual ones as the space we need it for is small.

Dolally, we're totally rooked too but thought I'd better start looking in the sales<zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

Lola sofa if either of you fancy a look - I'm off to look at sofasofa and sofabedgallery now too thanks!

Dolallytats Sun 30-Dec-12 17:46:37

I am looking for one as my daughter is moving back home, but we don't have enough rooms for her to have one of her own. I have seen some good ones at sofabedgallery.co.uk. This is where I will be getting mine from (in a couple of months when we have recovered from the financial excesses of Christmas!!)

Mumelie Sun 30-Dec-12 17:45:21

Try Sofa Sofa . Cheap but good occasional use quality.

dizzydixies Sun 30-Dec-12 17:38:08

Hate the IKEA ones which was my first port of call btw

dizzydixies Sun 30-Dec-12 17:36:34

It will mainly be used as a sofa in the downstairs box room for the girls togivemepeace but very occasionaly used as a sofa bed.

I've lost the will to live looking <snoozefest> so if anyone has bought one recently please do tell me where and that'll do!

it has to be less than 2metres wide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now