Tom Ford perfumes

(20 Posts)

I adore Tabac Vanille, can't really justify the price. I also love Grey Vetiver, which I know is marketed 'for men' but I find many of Tom Ford's scents are for anyone.

I'm going to be the sole voice of dissent.

After reading lots of effusive posts on here I finally got to try Black Orchid this weekend. Absolutely rotten. Really heavy and unpleasant. Both off-puttingly floral and masculine. Funeral parlour scent.

But then, I think Chanel No.5 is bottled cat pish, so what do I know.

Bottle is nice though.

floramckitchen Sun 30-Dec-12 17:28:24

I got Violet Blonde for xmas and it makes me feel a bit sick.

My dd works in HOF and got it from there on her discount. Don'it like it but haven't tried the others yet.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 30-Dec-12 16:13:27

I love Violet Blonde and had some more for Christmas

theowlworrier Sun 30-Dec-12 15:31:31

Another one who loves black orchid. Wore it at our wedding! Got DH a men's one last year... can't rememeber what it is called though.
In fact I may go and spray a bit of black orchid on before i go out!

DialsMavis Sat 29-Dec-12 19:38:11

Love them! Can't afford them yet...

babybarrister Sat 29-Dec-12 19:03:20

So all good then grin

BOFingSanta Sat 29-Dec-12 18:59:09

I love Tuscan Leather, but there's one called Golden Boy by Dueto which smells pretty much identical and is a hell of a lot cheaper. I bought it for DP for Christmas.

BelleDameSousMistletoe Sat 29-Dec-12 18:57:56

All gorgeous. I have (finally) got my mitts on Tabacco Vanille. It's fabulous. Also have some others inc Black Orchid.

SorrelForbes Sat 29-Dec-12 18:56:52

Tuscan Leather and White Suede are my favourites.

BendyBobsBrusselsSprouts Sat 29-Dec-12 18:49:27

Or Violent Blonde as my dad calls it grin

Karbea Sat 29-Dec-12 18:46:20

Black orchid is worn by my DH.

Ilovecrossfit Sat 29-Dec-12 18:17:58

Black Orchid-I wear it but I wonder do they meant to be unisex? Id not mind a man wearing it..

cocobongo Sat 29-Dec-12 18:16:26

I love black orchid. Wanted it for ages, and finally got it for my birthday. It makes you want to inhale really deeply. Mmmmm. Smells to me of liquorice and sherbet and something else, though I'm sure that is not what it is supposed to actually smell of! All I know is that it is lovely.

Ilovecrossfit Sat 29-Dec-12 18:15:40

I love Black Orchid and got it from dh for Xmas smile xxx

Karbea Sat 29-Dec-12 18:01:01

I've 2, santal blush and another one (dark burgundy colour). DH has about 4, we love them.

uptheamp Sat 29-Dec-12 17:59:56

i always douse myself in black orchid when i see it, that is for women isn't it? i wonder sometimes grin wish they did cheap small version

Meglet Sat 29-Dec-12 17:59:18

Love Black Orchid, I was lucky enough to be given a bottle last Xmas. I think it's the tuberose that gets me.

yes, Florabotanica is also good. IIRC that's rose based, which is odd as I don't usually like rose.

Clumsasaurus Sat 29-Dec-12 17:55:56

Love love love then! I own waaay too many! Try jasmine rouge for a sexy hit if jasmine or violet blonde for a twisted classic. Enjoy!

babybarrister Sat 29-Dec-12 17:08:08

Any cop?! I like jasmine one but also like Balenciaga Florabotanica - so wise ones which one ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now