If I can give you one bit of beauty advice.....

(37 Posts)
catgirl1976geesealaying Thu 27-Dec-12 22:46:55

It is this:

DO NOT get eyelash extensions, find them to be irritating a week later and pull them out yourself

<weeps hot salty tears from totally bald eyes>

I can't leave the fecking house, What am I to do????????

rhondajean Fri 28-Dec-12 11:44:28

My nails looked awful after 18 months of shellac.

It was fine as long as I went to the salon fortnightly, got it soaked off and replaced immediately. However I was decorating so I soaked it off myself and didn't replace right away, and I was horrified to see what Thr actual condition of my nails was.

TeamSledward Fri 28-Dec-12 11:55:23

I've had my gelish nails since March, and love it, but then my nails have always been very thin and breakable. The gelish helps keep them a decent length!
I have wondered about stopping, especially upkeep costs but I pay £20 every two to three weeks and have lovely nails to show for it. Also my nail lady is a wonderful talker and I think I must have saved myself a fortune in counselling fees by seeing her fortnightly!
I have found using a nail oil helps the new growth keep some strength.

JessBrodysTits Fri 28-Dec-12 12:15:06

revitalash and its equivalents are great

SweetieSnowball Fri 28-Dec-12 14:31:19

I had a terrible experience with salon applied lashes the week before my wedding. I was left with gaps that I had to draw in with liner when the false ones came off attached to my own lashes. I was distraught, sobbed for days. In the end think only I could tell but lesson learnt, never again.

Love Shellac nails though but only keep have them on for about a month before giving them a break. Never had any problem.

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sat 29-Dec-12 02:19:18

my nails are great after shellac I love it! mind you much better than after acrylics!

ifancyashandy Sat 29-Dec-12 10:13:14

Not itchy no. But my natural eyelashes are shot to shit grin

Clumsasaurus Sat 29-Dec-12 11:08:36

MAC do a lash growth serum thingy. Helped grow back my lahes lush and fast after a self inflicted lash glue incident hmm

CockBollocks Sat 29-Dec-12 11:15:43

I did this too!! I wore strip falsies for a few weeks, you can buy some really good natural looking ones.

I found the best were Katy Perrys (no really!!) 'Hello sweetie' or something like that - putting them on becomes a doddle after the first few times, honest.

Just to make you feel better my lashes grew back lovely, all long & thick!!

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 29-Dec-12 11:18:38

Thank you

I still look stupmy

I;m going to get some strip falsies to help me till they grow back sad

trixymalixy Sat 29-Dec-12 11:24:52

You get a vial of eyelash remover with the individual eyelure eyelashes you can buy in boots if anyone else needs to remove salon eyelashes.

Revitalash/Peptalash is v good cat <consoling>

Jossysgiants Wed 02-Jan-13 17:24:21

Aargh I have exactly the same thing. My eyelashes now have no corners. Have just ordered a bundle of 70 false eyelashes to tide me over till the stumps grow back! cat have yours grown at all, in the last couple of days ?! I < impatient> btw i also used oil to remove and they still fell out. I feel like ringing the Daily Mail and telling my sad cautionary tale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now