I've got the driest, red skin in the history of faces! Help me!

(16 Posts)
akaemmafrost Thu 13-Dec-12 14:42:24

I use Clarins moisture quench at the moment but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I imagine my face is chapped due to the weather but it's driving me nuts. What do you use?

Missbopeep Thu 13-Dec-12 14:49:11

Is it itchy? Are you sure it's not eczema? Clarins is full of perfume.

Recommend most Clinique such as Superdefence and Youth Surge for very dry-dry skin. Or you could try using a night cream- same as day creams but richer- their super antioxidant one is lovely.

akaemmafrost Thu 13-Dec-12 14:50:42

It is a bit itchy but I have never had eczema before in my life. However I have developed some other allergies lately though don't know what to as yet. Good idea about the night creams though.

Spuddybean Thu 13-Dec-12 14:50:50

poor you. i hate that tight itchy feeling. i often slather my face in vaseline at night and let it sink in - no idea if that's any good for skin but it relieves the symptoms for me. I have recently started using coconut oil too.

the weather is drying out my lips too sad

claracluck71 Thu 13-Dec-12 14:52:31

I'll second Clinique Moisture Surge - it feels lovely!

akaemmafrost Thu 13-Dec-12 14:53:54

Will try and get a tester today. Will tell them it's been recommended on MN might encourage them to give me some free stuff!

akaemmafrost Thu 13-Dec-12 14:54:14

Coconut oil sounds good too.

feetheart Netherlands Thu 13-Dec-12 14:55:46

Eucerin is what you need. Recommended to me on here about 4 years ago and for the first time in my whole adult life I knew what the word 'hydrated' meant in relation to skin smile
I started with the Lipo one that I can't remember the name of but graduated to the 'anti-aging' one soon after as I am old it was richer.
Its not that cheap (£18-20) but is often on 3 for 2 at Boots and is worth every single penny.

akaemmafrost Thu 13-Dec-12 14:57:07

I will have a look today, thanks feetheart.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Dec-12 15:13:19

You need Aloe night cream from The Body Shop - order on line and it is 40% off atm. Fantastic stuff, I keep banging on about it on here because it has sorted my problems skin out a treat. I wish I had discovered it 20 years ago sad

valiumredhead Thu 13-Dec-12 15:14:04

I find Clarins very strong and SO scented the night cream makes me feel a bit ill it's so scented.

MissMogwi Thu 13-Dec-12 16:03:03

grin Valium I'm always just behind you on these threads championing Aloe from the Body Shop. (Stalker)

I got a full size day cream, night cream and face wash in a gift pack recently for £15. Not sure if that offer is still on but with 40% off at the mo, it's all a bargain.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Dec-12 17:05:45

It's great stuff isn't it? It has transformed my skin. I always had what I thought was an excema patch on my cheek which disappeared after a few day's use!

lizandlulu Thu 13-Dec-12 17:56:27

I use Decleor hydra floral. My face can be very dry and flaky, but this suits me perfectly. Have tried cheaper brands but always come back to this

Labradorlover Thu 13-Dec-12 18:23:32

Just use the Aloe day cream from The Body Shop. Have very sensitive skin, which use to be dry, red and flakey. It used to be horrible in winter. It's lovely now.

I love Clinique Moisture Surge too. Might be worth trying e45 as a cheaper alternative for a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now