can fair skinned blonde get away with this colour?

(12 Posts)

I've always been partial to a bit of leopard print. Currently have leopard print silk blouse in wardrobe. And flats. And giraffe print trilby hat.

But I only ever wear one bit of animal print at a time. I wouldn't wear the blouse, shoes and hat all in one go. shock

Even I can see the major error in that......grin

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 12-Dec-12 13:14:13

Well I'm well over 30 not as slim as a pencil but think I avoid Bet Lynch.

GinSoakedMu1berryLush Wed 12-Dec-12 13:12:50

can look very cheap, like the bet lynch stereotype. maybe if you're under thirty, a slim as a pencil and it's very very expensive leopard skin then it wouldn't look too clichéd

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 12-Dec-12 13:10:39

I'd avoid neon but embrace leopard

GinSoakedMu1berryLush Wed 12-Dec-12 13:08:23

Have bought the odd thing in there and I'm pale with mouse hair (i sound lovely).

I think you can wear neon. the only thing that I think, hmmmm, is leopard skin or animal print on blondes.

AndiMac Wed 12-Dec-12 13:03:06

I'm with the others. Not neon green near the face.

sweetheart Wed 12-Dec-12 13:00:43

I'm a fair skinned blonde and I wouldn't wear a neon birght like that. We need softer colours that complement our fair skin rather than harsh acid colours.

racingheart Wed 12-Dec-12 11:37:48

I knew I had to post here. You are both right. My hips are very far from skinny and that clingy shape won't work.
Baubles smile - the discombobulated pocket - I know exactly what you mean but couldn't put it into words.
ChinUp yes. Just because I like that lime green doesn't mean it likes me. Think I'd look a bit post-viral in it!

Oh well.

Oh that's funny, the link works now. I agree with Baubles - unless you're super slim - and maybe you are lucky cow then a more flared hem would be a lot more wearable.

But your question was about the colour. I'm fair haired and fair skinned and I can't wear that neon lime colour so close to the face/hair.

But it's not ugly smile.

Oooh I dunno <helpful>

Wallis do have some nice things in but not sure if that is one of them. That pocket thing just looks weird floating round there on it's own and it just looks a bit discombobulated, like the shape doesn't match the colours. Gah, I know what I mean. I think it would look better if it were a-line/trapeze shaped rather than the fitted shape that it is.

racingheart your link is the home page of Wallis. Can you re-link with the questionable colour garment on it?

I think you're OK looking at Wallis clothes. Providing it's bargainous.

racingheart Wed 12-Dec-12 11:14:59

and is it ugly anyway?
I've developed a sudden passion for Wallis clothes. Do I need help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now