Ok I've fecked up- refused to be bridesmaid for sister now can't find an outfit. Any fashionistas fancy a challenge?

(58 Posts)
WineGless Tue 11-Dec-12 20:25:39

Dd is a flower girl nd DS is pageboy. For many reasons I decided not to be bridesmaid and now regretting it as can't get my head round what to wear.

I am 40, size 14, 5'11 but not much of a waist, small boobs, column shape really and have blonde hair, pale skin

Bridesmaids are wearing claret which doesn't suit me.

I have beans searching the web but would love some help if anyone is up for it.

Thanks to the help so far
I have two weeks to go and have decided on the coast dress
which I love

I have two pairs of shoes
Aldo
not very weddingy

coat I got this just for the church service and walking to the reception as its in a village and close together

I this fascinator

Just feel the accessories might flatten the dress needs something to wow it and no idea about jewelry.

Please help as am panicking slightly now

Bump for some advice

tethersend Fri 11-Jan-13 22:54:39

Ok, I like both shoes and the coat could work.

I do not like the fascinator. I would wear this instead.

Then I would get some 60s- style earrings like this and leave it at that.

Have you chosen a bag?

notMarlene Fri 11-Jan-13 23:15:22

I'm not keen on the facinator either TBH, the rest is great though. Prefer tje snake shoes for with the dress, I think. That said the peeptoes and this would be fab.

this in the brown or cream would be good with either shoes. Tethers green pill box is good to but it's a bit of a risk, impossible to know if the two green will match / compliment each other.

Am also interested to hear if you've chosen a bag!

notMarlene Fri 11-Jan-13 23:15:38

oh, and yy to just earrings.

I bought fascinator in a panic in case I couldn't find anything so completely agree. It's going back - no worries on that score. I was even thinking when buying - s&b won't like this!!

I really like tethers pill box hat but worried the green wouldn't match.

I haven't got to a bag yet- what would you go for?
I'm going with the snake shoes I think

Notmarlene- I also bought the Adriana second dress you linked to which I wore to an evening do and got loads of compliments so thank you for the link

Tethers I've ordered the green hat as they take returns so if colour not quite right it can go back

Had a whiz round John lewis but wasn't inspired for bags. Do I match to dress, shoes or hat, depending on which hat I end up with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now