Ok I've fecked up- refused to be bridesmaid for sister now can't find an outfit. Any fashionistas fancy a challenge?

(58 Posts)
WineGless Tue 11-Dec-12 20:25:39

Dd is a flower girl nd DS is pageboy. For many reasons I decided not to be bridesmaid and now regretting it as can't get my head round what to wear.

I am 40, size 14, 5'11 but not much of a waist, small boobs, column shape really and have blonde hair, pale skin

Bridesmaids are wearing claret which doesn't suit me.

I have beans searching the web but would love some help if anyone is up for it.

JustasmallGless Fri 11-Jan-13 20:46:08

Thanks to the help so far
I have two weeks to go and have decided on the coast dress
which I love

I have two pairs of shoes
Aldo
not very weddingy

coat I got this just for the church service and walking to the reception as its in a village and close together

I this fascinator

Just feel the accessories might flatten the dress needs something to wow it and no idea about jewelry.

Please help as am panicking slightly now

JustasmallGless Fri 11-Jan-13 21:39:23

Bump for some advice

tethersend Fri 11-Jan-13 22:54:39

Ok, I like both shoes and the coat could work.

I do not like the fascinator. I would wear this instead.

Then I would get some 60s- style earrings like this and leave it at that.

Have you chosen a bag?

notMarlene Fri 11-Jan-13 23:15:22

I'm not keen on the facinator either TBH, the rest is great though. Prefer tje snake shoes for with the dress, I think. That said the peeptoes and this would be fab.

this in the brown or cream would be good with either shoes. Tethers green pill box is good to but it's a bit of a risk, impossible to know if the two green will match / compliment each other.

Am also interested to hear if you've chosen a bag!

notMarlene Fri 11-Jan-13 23:15:38

oh, and yy to just earrings.

JustasmallGless Sat 12-Jan-13 02:06:51

I bought fascinator in a panic in case I couldn't find anything so completely agree. It's going back - no worries on that score. I was even thinking when buying - s&b won't like this!!

I really like tethers pill box hat but worried the green wouldn't match.

I haven't got to a bag yet- what would you go for?
I'm going with the snake shoes I think

JustasmallGless Sat 12-Jan-13 02:25:53

Notmarlene- I also bought the Adriana second dress you linked to which I wore to an evening do and got loads of compliments so thank you for the link

JustasmallGless Sun 13-Jan-13 09:09:49

Tethers I've ordered the green hat as they take returns so if colour not quite right it can go back

Had a whiz round John lewis but wasn't inspired for bags. Do I match to dress, shoes or hat, depending on which hat I end up with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now