Red Direct

(53 Posts)
msmorgan Wed 05-Dec-12 14:11:18

I don't usually post on here but just wondering if anyone who ordered from Red Direct during the 40% off sale has had any problems with their orders?

I ordered a Michael Kors watch, Alex Monroe horseshoe necklace and a Cath Kidston girls umbrella on Thursday evening and all were showing as being in stock and were still in stock the following evening.

I used express delivery but had not received anything so I emailed customer services. I have just had a reply saying unfortunately the items I ordered are out of stock and my order has been cancelled.

So annoying! If they had contatced me to say the items were out of stock I would have reordered a different watch and necklace while the sale was still on.

jumpinghoops Tue 08-Jan-13 19:47:53

They've nearly driven me mad! I had to send one item back which involved taking a day off work to ensure it was collected and LOADS of calls and unanswered emails trying to get my money back. A month on I think we have agreed that they'll refund me although they cannot locate the item in their warehouse, I'll believe it when I see the money appear in my account.

Phaedra11 Tue 08-Jan-13 16:06:09

Should have been astonishingly awful not astonishly awful though they are that too wink

Phaedra11 Tue 08-Jan-13 16:03:59

They are astonishly awful, aren't they? I was lucky enough to eventually receive everything I ordered but it was a huge palaver achieving that and involved sending emails that were ignored, my parcel being delivered to a confused neighbour at the other end of my street with limited English and having to spend time and money waiting to get through on the phone.

I'm surprised Red Magazine agrees to be linked with them. It has altered my perception of the magazine as being high quality.

busyknickers Tue 08-Jan-13 13:40:51

I also ordered personalised mugs as xmas presents on 4th December saying delivery would be in time for Christmas. I phoned the Thursday before Christmas as they still hadn't arrived and was told they should be there on the Friday. They didn't appear and then the supplier closed until the New Year. I have now phoned twice and been told someone will call me back... but nothing. Having read this thread - I'm wondering if they even exist. What a let down. Not only did I have to explain to four people that part of their present was missing but now they might not get them at all. Seemed too good to be true. Wonder whether the next Red article will be on online offers and let down customers?

I've just been on again and mopped up 4 more items - not fussed if they don't arrive, they are extra presents - at these prices I can't complain.

My new Lola Rose scarf is way nicer than I thought it would be - cream and navy leopard heart, it's soooo gorgeous.

Ambassadoryouarespoilingme Sat 08-Dec-12 10:51:24

Yes same here: received an email this morning saying that they won't be able to fulfil the order. Am so annoyed.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 08-Dec-12 10:26:04

I have just chased mine via an email to their customer services. I have also noticed that on the email that came through half my address was missing, which isn't good if they do despatch it!

Am really astounded by their lack of bothering to contact people advising that there was a problem.

I will be complaining to the ASA once I have heard back.

A promo gone badly badly wrong....

I had 2 orders, one arrived last night - it's fabulous!

Just waiting on my seperate order of an Alex Monroe Bee to arrive (my Christmas present)

monkeysmama Sat 08-Dec-12 08:23:50

They sent an apologetic email this morning which I imagine everyone will be getting.

germyrabbit Fri 07-Dec-12 20:35:42

i have got cheaper ash boots from a company called Kate Kuba if you still need some for christmas small potato

Meggles76 Fri 07-Dec-12 20:32:24

Having read these threads, I was getting worried. However, order placed on 01/12 arrived today.

thesmallestpotato Fri 07-Dec-12 10:43:45

My order has just arrived (also Ash boots), but they have sent the wrong size!! I am pretty pissed off, this was a chrismas present.

How hard is it to check you're sending out the right order? Of course the size I actually ordered is out of stock now hmm

The lady in customer services who I spoke to really wasn't very helpful at all and just said they can only srrange a collection for next wednesday and arrange a refund when they receive them back, so I will be out of pocket while I have to find a replacement present.

The place I was originally going to order them from full price is now out of stock too, I just happened to spot the red direct discount as I was about to order from Cloggs at a higher price.

Not happy at all, thanks Red Direct angry

carrie74 Fri 07-Dec-12 10:06:47

My order arrived yesterday, but it was incomplete (although they'd taken the appropriate money from my account). No communication whatsoever.

snail1973 Fri 07-Dec-12 09:38:49

I emailed customer services a couople of days ago when I first saw this thread - no reply. So I've just called them. Very helpful lady in customer services confirmed my order has been cancelled. I asked her to check if money had been taken from my card - it had. She has processed a refund (apparently). She told me that any orders made online will have had the money taken from the card automatically. I stressed that I think their system is appalling - no other online retailer that I have ever used would cancel an order without emailing the customer, and many would not take the money until the order is despatched. Grrrrrr. Rant over!

Pufflemum Fri 07-Dec-12 07:31:58

I placed an order and have received the goods (Ash boots), so it's not a scam. As someone further up mentioned its more likely that different products are sent direct form smaller suppliers who can't deal with the volume. Their customer service is appalling though, I hope you all get your stuff or your money.

lililon Thu 06-Dec-12 22:42:12

Placed my order last Thursday, and haven't received a thing. No email either. I think I'll have a long wait...

Amblin Thu 06-Dec-12 22:33:54

To tout for commission

Amblin Thu 06-Dec-12 22:33:41

Awoolly. You aren't allowed to your for cash back on here.

trixymalixy Thu 06-Dec-12 22:28:59

Too good to be true then. I guess I'd better start looking for replacements for the items then.

bananamilkshake Thu 06-Dec-12 21:56:40

have just sent an email to Jo as nothing from Customer services - I am hoping that they are just in a total mess and that this will be sorted!!

Djembe Thu 06-Dec-12 21:32:28

It was on their homepage! Wankers angry so crap not to send an email. My order was just treats for me, but if it were Christmas gifts it'd be really bad.

Who do I make a fuss to? I want Red Direct to know they will be losing many MNers' custom after this debacle.

Red were tweeting it too

msmorgan Thu 06-Dec-12 21:03:19

It was advertised on the Red Direct site, I think the code was also in some magazines.

bananamilkshake Thu 06-Dec-12 16:30:10

just another thought - did anyone see the offer or hear of it themselves or did you all order of the mail in promo codes

bananamilkshake Thu 06-Dec-12 16:28:05

knitknak - have they taken any money from your account - I am trying to remain level headed over this but as I have just received a duplicate email telling me order is cancelled etc and my money has not yet been refunded I am getting more concerned. I appreciate that others have had good service in the past but at the moment they have taken my money without being able to fulfill an order and that is a scam. I am trying to establish whether anyone has received a watch - it may be they were using different suppliers and some are fulfilling orders whereas others are not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now