will we EVER rid the concept of a TUNIC from S&B?

(454 Posts)
Amblin Wed 05-Dec-12 07:29:15

no its none of my business
no there is still world poverty to worry about

etcetc

BUT STOP WITH TH TUNICS FFS

Caerlaverock Fri 07-Dec-12 21:51:36
Absy Fri 07-Dec-12 09:34:55

Linky? As I have the bestest coat in the world, and I'd like to share

HullyEastergully Fri 07-Dec-12 09:16:01

One is LRD's Naice Coats thread, one is, So if not TUNICS...

Absy Fri 07-Dec-12 09:15:12

where's the other spawn of the devil thread?

HullyEastergully Fri 07-Dec-12 09:03:09

style and beauty

THERE ARE ANOTHER TWO SPAWN THREADS!

<feels stupid> what is S&B?

HullyEastergully Fri 07-Dec-12 08:56:55

I want the Hush ones, where can I get straight trews? I can't wear leggings.

HullyEastergully Fri 07-Dec-12 08:55:58

Go Abs!

The other thread is still going too.

Hats (sardonic and otherwise) off to amblin.

Tunics were a firestarter.

Absy Fri 07-Dec-12 08:10:57

In honour of this thread, I am wearing my tunic today and looking Cossacky.

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY

chickydoo Thu 06-Dec-12 21:34:06

My DH thought the white company one looked a bit like a blanket too! that was before I tried it on though. Had lots of compliments with all 3. worn them tons of times already. will need to to get cost per wear down.

garlicbaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 20:08:33

Come on, those Hush dresses are tunics. They even advise wearing them over leggings & t-shirts!

I'm 173cm: 5'8". I have garments marketed as tunics and as dresses - all the same length (86 - 89 cm.) They're dangerously short to wear without summat sturdy on the bottom half. You really wouldn't like catching flashes of my upper thighs & knickers, even in modest boyshorts.

Those Hush ones are beautiful. They don't even come in a big enough size for me sad I like the beige tabard thing, too - it's fun, and will move really well.

Hully, we have great taste wink

KrisMoose Thu 06-Dec-12 19:37:47

dress
dress
not sure what the jeff that is

Issy Thu 06-Dec-12 19:31:01

I never wear tunics. But that's driven by my shape rather than some freaky fashion ideology. My body is a pretty fine hourglass shape until it reaches my pelvis, it then takes a traumatic and wobbly dive, recovering about 4" above my knees. So a tunic would skim over the best bits and emphasise the worst.

Well-shaped, above the knee woollen dresses or shortish kilt-like skirts, both with thick tights and boots, work much better for me than skinny jeans/leggings and tunics.

But anything looks good if it's right for your shape, the weather and the occasion.

I got two compliments at work today for my tunic grin

Caerlaverock Thu 06-Dec-12 18:57:52

They are dresses

Helltotheno Thu 06-Dec-12 18:56:25

I think the first two are lovely smile
There's a risk the last would make me look big... only for the really slim that one!

HullyEastergully Thu 06-Dec-12 18:51:10

I think they are all really nice

Caerlaverock Thu 06-Dec-12 18:50:44

Those hush numbers are dresses, the white company thing is a beige blanket

chickydoo Thu 06-Dec-12 18:24:08

I think if worn cleverly a tunic can look amazing over jeans, yoga trousers, leggings or linen trousers in summer.
I am not fat or mumsy. I am 5'7 and a size 8. I wear lots of layers, and reckon I look fine in my tunics/mini dresses/long jumpers
I have the 3 below

www.hush-uk.com/loungewear/dresses/amy-dress-bordeaux.html
www.hush-uk.com/loungewear/dresses/henley-dress-charcoal-marl.html
www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/knitwear/button-side-cashmere-tunic--taupe/

HullyEastergully Thu 06-Dec-12 18:18:49

garlic, I have just ordered a bright red one! I think we are like trend setters

Helltotheno Thu 06-Dec-12 18:14:05

You win, you are the queen of tunics.

I don't know if what I wear is even tunics tbh and of course I wear other things... various different high street stores.. I don't consider myself a fashionista. Very fitted on top and thru waist, going out then but not with too much material as that makes me look bigger.

The point I'm trying to make is I feel I accentuate my good points and if that involves a tunic sometimes, so be it. Who'd want to accentuate their bad points??

And the fascinating people point I was making is that there are plenty of people I know who are really interesting with great personalities and there's nothing special about the way they dress. Somebody being a 'fashionista' doesn't necessarily mean they're super interesting or have quirky characters or great personalities.. it just means they're interested in fashion and are maybe creative.... there's a difference.

So keep wearing your tunics ladies or anything else you happen to fancy for that matter smile

garlicbaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 18:06:37

I'm now wearing my bright red one. In homage to Hully.

Thought you might like to know that ... maybe not ...
<goes shopping for Fascinatingness>

Chandon Thu 06-Dec-12 17:45:21

...and Hully is the queen of nutters grin

Chandon Thu 06-Dec-12 17:44:44

So you get admiring looks from 50% of the population whilst wearing tunics AND you know lots of fascinating people?!

You win, you are the queen of tunics.

Where do you buy your tunics?

KrisMoose Thu 06-Dec-12 17:30:46

<eyebrows> @ Hulky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now