GHD's worth it?

(43 Posts)
wellienelliee Sat 01-Dec-12 09:45:55

That's it really! Thinking of upgrading my argos specials! Thanks

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Thu 06-Dec-12 15:38:01

Thanks

janglebells2013 Thu 06-Dec-12 15:22:39

hi... its normal size i think it might e cheaper cos it has no added extras and doesn't come in a fancy print such as pink or leopard print. it is excellent i've been using it - they are all of the same quality.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Tue 04-Dec-12 17:48:41

it's ok, have found it

jan, why is that one cheaper than the others ? Is it a mini-size ?

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Tue 04-Dec-12 17:40:30

jan...is GHD's list of recommended sites on their own website ?

jan2013 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:50:21

i just bought new IV Gold GHDs from lookfantastic.com for £78 pounds they arrived yesterday and are ace. (lookfantastic is on ghd's list of recommended internet sites)

wellienelliee Tue 04-Dec-12 11:11:55

As an update, I was in John Lewis over the weekend and the GHD lady let me trythe wide plate ones, I did it myself but took no time and hair flat and straight! looked even better next day! I've sent DH the link to the GHD site, they offer free delivery, 2 years guarantee and free brush worth £20 fwiw! thanks again for all your replies.

valiumredhead Tue 04-Dec-12 08:35:51

Thanks - will order some asap!

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 03-Dec-12 22:44:09

thanks

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 03-Dec-12 22:20:44

AF if you mean GHD, I got mine in Tony & Guy.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 03-Dec-12 22:16:40

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy them ?

StinkyWicket Mon 03-Dec-12 22:14:21

I think they are. DH trod on and broke mine sad I can't really justify replacing them though as I rarely use anything other than the hairdryer.

Pendipidy Mon 03-Dec-12 22:13:40

i have remington straight and curl or some name like that. they are the second ones i have had exactly the same as they are so good and lasted years. i tried a friends ghds and didn't think they were as good as mine. smile

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 03-Dec-12 22:04:10

There are a few things in life that are totally worth the money and live up to their hype. GHD's are one of them. Mine are 6 years old, used daily. I am devoted to them.

izzysmydog Mon 03-Dec-12 22:00:31

Valium - yes Remington pearls good on thick hair.
I have fairly thick hair, my son has extra thick coarse wavy hair and they work on his! After trying these don't think I would go back to GHDs unless they upped their game

sleeplessinsuburbia Mon 03-Dec-12 10:06:11

The old ones were made better, half of the company started a new company called cloud nine, their straighteners are still made as the original ghds. Much better than recent ghds.

valiumredhead Mon 03-Dec-12 10:03:38

They are only £34 on Amazon instead of £80+ and have amazing reviews! <tempted>

valiumredhead Mon 03-Dec-12 10:01:53

Are Remmington Pearls good on thick hair?

OrangeLily Mon 03-Dec-12 04:44:07

I have had mine for four years and love mine.

I'd recommend buying on of the heat proof mats that turn in to a bag when you zip it up. GHD brand was about 20 quid but I got another brand for 3 quid and it's been brilliant!

SomersetONeil Mon 03-Dec-12 03:51:11

I have thick, coarse hair (although not ludicrously so) and I found them to be crap. I used them for years as I thought they were as good as it gets but was delighted to throw them straight in the bin once I discovered BBH. Which does actually make my hair swishy and beautifully styled.

I have always been a loan dissenting voice when it comes to GHDs so acknowledge that it is probably just me and my hair.

Djembe Sun 02-Dec-12 22:44:39

Yep mine are vintage 2004 jobs and still going strong grin

If they break, there are several people on EBay who will fix them for a fixed cost of about £15 or return for free if they can't fix them. Have used one before as there was some kind of fault - was ghd-less for 4 whole days!!

spottymoo Sun 02-Dec-12 22:41:03

I've had mine now for 6 years their still just as good I paided £120 for them and their worth every penny I spent on them

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 02-Dec-12 20:46:44

Yes I went through 3 pairs of straighteners before I got my ghds, they are fab.
Now I can't remember what they said about the plate sizes but although I have longish thick hair DH was recommended to get the medium sized ones for me.

LittlemissChristmas Sun 02-Dec-12 20:34:43

Definitely worth the money. As a company they are very good too, any problems they can trace the serial number and will replace.

LaCiccolina Sun 02-Dec-12 20:30:32

Ghds are unfortunately worth the money from heat, longevity of use, speed at curl/straightening, and speed of heating/cooling. At 100 a pop it's alot but worked out per use it becomes very reasonable purchase.

I've used others and really don't compare. Wish did....

Haylebop12 Sun 02-Dec-12 20:27:04

Absolutely. First pair lasted me 6 years and didn't think twice about replacing then with ghd's again. I have long hair and its thick but I have the gold medium plates. About 1 1/2 inches wide. They hear up in about 15 seconds and have a time out so if you leave them on (like I have done) they switch themselves off!

Perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now