HOLY SHIT. My hair is matted at the roots, almost all over my head. I'm going to have to shave it off, arent I?

(50 Posts)
NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Wed 28-Nov-12 15:55:15

I had micro loop extensions put in about 2 1/2 months ago for a treat to.myself as I was feeling shit and ugly. They cost bloody loads but i had just come into some money so thought, hey why not?

I wanted them out after a month because they were itchy and horrible, bit i persevered with them because of the cost, and they were supposed to last 3-4 months.

My grandma has just taken them all out with pliers, it took 3 hours!

My hair is now matted and stuck together at the root almost all over my head, the only place that's okay is the top as they weren't in there.

What the hell do I do? It looks bloody awful and I don't think i can go out in public untill its sorted.

It resembles a thatched roof or a birds nest, maybe a bit of both. It's still itchy and still gross. I think its too knotty for even a hairdresser to sort it out tbh.

Any ideas? Pleeeeeeesse someone help me!

Exactly what Leaping said. Poorly spelt spam, it was, too.

LeapingOverTheWall Sun 04-May-14 20:25:32

I think it was bumped up by spam which has now been removed, but still leaving it in Active Convos

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 04-May-14 20:13:39

How bizarre, it just came up as a new thread inS and B,I wouldn't know how to post on an old thread if I triedconfused

Selks Sun 04-May-14 15:11:30

Zombie thread!! Read the date, people!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 04-May-14 15:04:36

I'd try coconut oil and a tangle tamer.

sumz Wed 12-Jun-13 15:46:06

Nirvana very happy for you! :-) ... a great relief! unfortunately going through the same problem, except that I have almost all my hair matted. I cant detangle it myself at all sad sad sad. Where do I go? What should I do. Thanks

NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Wed 05-Dec-12 19:54:26

I have tried to find her but no luck so far Lula I want to go the same thing! If I find her I will let you know! grin

LulaPalooza Wed 05-Dec-12 12:07:39

nirvana - phew, glad you got it sorted. Does this "hairdresser" advertise on the web? I would be tempted to give a very, very honest review somewhere to put other people off.

Dozer Tue 04-Dec-12 23:12:24

Hurray for the hairdresser that helped you out!

Boo to the bad one.

werewolvesdidit Tue 04-Dec-12 19:55:03

No - the patches have been bald for over a year now. I think bald patches are pretty common with hair extensions. I guess the difference is that the celebs can afford to get hair transplants to fill them in!

NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Mon 03-Dec-12 18:16:08

shock werewolves! That sounds bloody awful! You poor thing, at least they aren't visible. Will ot definitely not grow back?

I've definitely learned my lesson and will be steering well clear in future and will be advising others to do the same.

werewolvesdidit Sun 02-Dec-12 21:29:16

I don't recommend extensions. I had them for years and now have two permanent bald patches at the sides of my head. You can't see them with my hair down (and luckily my hair is thick and curly) but there is no way I'll ever be able to wear my hair in a ponytail ever again. Extensions look great but there are a lot of risks with them too.

NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Sun 02-Dec-12 20:00:46

I have one photo I sent to my sister but q not great quality. The woman isn't getting back to me anyway. I spoke to another person who had them done by the same woman and it happened to her too. Its so crap though because she charges £££'s for it and obviously can't even do it properly.

Oh well, lesson learned!

toofattorun Sat 01-Dec-12 19:49:23

Hallelujah!!

bradywasmyfavouriteking Sat 01-Dec-12 19:36:40

Oh i am so glad its sorted.

I have had extensions several times and never had a problem of any kind. I have the bonded ones. I also like the ones that have the bond already attached and less shedding and the amount of bond is consistent. I always have the great length ones.

I know a few people who have had problems with extensions, but it usually comes down to the person putting them in. and I would case that this is the case here.

Did you take photos?

NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Sat 01-Dec-12 19:18:20

Im going to ring the woman who did it again tomorrow and complain, still pissed off but glad its sorted!

Never again!

GeekLove Sat 01-Dec-12 19:10:23

Sounds like they put them in upside down. Human hair has a grain due to the fact the cuticle is composed of overlapping scales. If hair is put in upside down the scales can lock in and the result is matted hair!

Bunbaker Sat 01-Dec-12 19:04:50

Glad all is OK. One of my friends is a hairdresser and she said that hair extensions were to be avoided at all costs.

trudat Sat 01-Dec-12 17:03:45

Thank the lord!!

pinkyredrose Sat 01-Dec-12 16:44:25

Phew !! Great news!

NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Sat 01-Dec-12 14:27:00

Sorry for the late update everyone and thanks for all the advice!
I tried conditioner, I tried oil, I tried combing from the bottom or the knot, I managed to untangle the bottom part but there was a huge sausage knot at the top of my head that I thought I was going to have to cut out.

So I shaved my head.

Not really grin

I decided before making a potentially stupid decision of hacking it off with scissors that I would go to the hairdressers even though I didn't think they'd be able to do anything but cut it.
But she fixed it! 2 hours of pain and tugging, 2 deep conditioning treatments and my hair is okay! There's a few short bits where she had to cut it and my hair feels considerably smaller than before, but it's okay!

toofattorun Fri 30-Nov-12 22:00:36

The suspense is killing me!!!

<sad idiot emoticon>

bradywasmyfavouriteking Fri 30-Nov-12 21:13:43

Oh my god. i am dying to know what happened.

Maybe i need a non mn life. grin

Chislemum Fri 30-Nov-12 21:09:37

Hope you got it sorted, you poor girl.

pinkyredrose Fri 30-Nov-12 20:28:47

I had a similar problem a few years ago and a friend suggested that silicon based products would be good.

So I used silicon based lube (yes the sex kind) and it worked amazingly well! I also know a couple if people who've used it to tease out dreadlocks.

Obs you have to start at the bottom and be VERY gentle but it does work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now