Want to try to lose half a stone by Xmas - are you in??

(395 Posts)
Joycey29 Tue 27-Nov-12 07:08:25

So I m up for a little Xmas weight loss! Basically, I know at Xmas I put on weight so want to be well below my 'buffer zone' to enable me to join the festivities. Also want to look good in my Christmas party wear!
Useless on my own, need support to keep me on track!
Anyone in.............

Joycey29 Sun 02-Dec-12 10:59:53

So pleased with self. Went out for dinner at Pizza Express and discovered the Leggera pizza for only 500 calories. Made evening so easy as had glass of wine etc and still was close (confused) to calorie target.
Weighing in on Tuesday !

HelgatheHairy Sun 02-Dec-12 12:24:03

My scales is broken. There's something funny going on with them anyway. They just weighed me as 10 stone 14 pounds!! Which is 11 stone surely? But saying that the psychological boost from seeing a 10 on the scales means I'm keeping them!

AsparagusFern Sun 02-Dec-12 13:37:36

joycey LOVE the Leggeras!

rockchick yes, it does tend to creep up over the years, unless you keep an eye on things.

In my teens I was a 10, in my 20s a 12.

Now I'm 35, and I'm a 14 on top and a 12-14 on the bottom (am a v. annoying apple shape). Sometimes I'm a 16 on top if it's a particularly clingy top, and I need to hide my bulges.

Any other apples on here? It's such an annoying shape. Hoping to go jeans shopping soon if I lose this half a stone.

So tired of buying jeans that either fit my bum/hips but are too tight at the waist, or fit my waist, but are all baggy round the bum!

plaingirly Sun 02-Dec-12 16:14:31

I think I am an hourglass / pear shape! Can't really tell with all the podge!

hoochymama1 Sun 02-Dec-12 16:45:21

Yes, I'm in please! I'm an apple and have totally given up jeans, am now in leggings ALL the time, which is half the problem methinks, they're so streeeetchy.
Will hot foot it to MFP to resume my (lapsed) membership) !

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Sun 02-Dec-12 17:30:22

Hi all. Back from a fabulous spa overnight break. Oh my goodness these should be available on prescription! As an added bonus all is reasonably quiet and tidy upon my return who stole my husband and replaced him with superdad?
Did ok with my 3 course meal last night and stopped the main when I'd had enough and barely touched the pud - just wasn't nice enough for the calories. Did 50 lengths of the smallish pool so all good there.
However, I then had about 4 different cocktails and a cooked breakfast this morning. Then I had a cheese ploughmans and chips shock for lunch. So basically it would be difficult to get any worse.
However, tomorrow is another day and I will be a good girl.
Huge well done to plaingirly who goes straight to the top of her class for her fabulous weightloss. smile

fedupofnamechanging Sun 02-Dec-12 19:15:05

Hi all. I seem to be losing and regaining the same half a pound. Had a good day today (quorn bacon sandwich for breakfast, fish and steamed veg and fruit for dinner) - am hoping to finish with 100 calories to spare (to make up for previous days when I have gone over the 1200).

Kids back at school tomorrow, so will be able to do the shred in the morning. I can't do it when they are here because they all laugh.

plaingirly Sun 02-Dec-12 20:08:05

I want to do the Shred but I live with my parents .... not sure they would appreciate me bouncing about upstairs! My dad isn't supportive at all so it wouldn't go well if I wanted to kick him of of the living room.

Hmmm wonder how much jumping around is involved.

fedupofnamechanging Sun 02-Dec-12 20:37:24

There is lots of jumping around - not one for upstairs, really.

AsparagusFern Sun 02-Dec-12 22:29:25

plain Am sorry your dad's not supportive. Have you explained to him how important this is to you? What about your mum?

AsparagusFern Sun 02-Dec-12 22:36:15

Hoochymama1 being an apple's a nightmare isn't it?! Who'd have thought buying something so simple as jeans could be so traumatic smile

coocoocachoo Sun 02-Dec-12 22:40:59

Norovirus - 9lbs in 6 days - job done! Or so I thought.......

Whole bloody lot regained in 2 days. Am joining thread after having a pasty for breakfast, a 3 course pub lunch followed by bowl of cereal and half a pack of fig rolls.

Am off to bed to dream of a low fat tomorrow.

plaingirly Mon 03-Dec-12 06:57:52

My mum is supportive but my dad isn't - anything that puts him out is a bad thing. Although he makes plenty of comments about my weight. Can't win there!

He doesn't really go out on an evening but when he does on a weekend I will just have to spring into action and get a DVD on!

Joycey29 Mon 03-Dec-12 07:38:03

Morning! Was all set for a good day.
Did shred last night and was within calorie count on mfp - yay!
Today feel rough - how many calories in a lemsip?

Still don't feel like eating much so an looking on bright side.

AsparagusFern Mon 03-Dec-12 09:04:47

Morning!

joycey & coocoo Sorry you've both been / are getting ill.

plain I empathise. My dad bless him has been known to make similar comments.

I'll never forget as a little kid watching some film with Sigourney Weaver in in which she looked skeletal. Someone commented on her looking too thin, and dad said pointedly 'Thin is good!'. Sigh....

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Mon 03-Dec-12 11:14:59

plain could you bribe him into the kitchen with a newspaper or new book or something? Make him a nice cuppa and appeal to his better nature (if he has one)?

sweetheart Mon 03-Dec-12 14:20:03

Plain could you go out for a little jog around the block instead? Get out and get some fresh air? If you're not very good at jogging check out the couch to 5k programme which would ease you in gently.

I am into a 4 day SMASH now! I have a heavy weekend ahead of me so I really need to be strict over the next 4 days to combat some of it so the plan is.......

Gym every lunchtime for 40mins
Some form of exercise every evening
ratatoulli for lunch (my fav very low cal lunch)
ready meals for dinner

I'm hoping to shift a couple of Ibs this way!

I hit my first target today and have 4Ibs left to go. All this hard work is currently making me think I don't want to indulge too much over Xmas but in reality I know I'll fall off the wagon in spectacular style once I get in the swing of things.

AsparagusFern Mon 03-Dec-12 14:24:58

sweetheart well done! Good work - keep it up!

Madmog Mon 03-Dec-12 14:34:08

I failed at the weekend! All willpower went out of the window on Friday when I walked into Tescos and bought us a bottle of wine. On top of that on Saturday my hubby came back with two pastry pies filled with salmon and not sure what else, but it was lovely - they were massive. I declined potatoes with mine though and just had a few veggies.

Anyway, back on course now and ready for weigh in tomorrow!

AsparagusFern Mon 03-Dec-12 15:06:34

Madmog I empathise. Xmas work party tonight, and it's bring a bottle. Vodka is low cal, but don't think they mean that kind of bottle!

Joycey29 Mon 03-Dec-12 16:28:31

Feeling crap so not going out to play in our League tonight - 80 mins hard exercise gone! hmm
Going to bed so I don't eat anymore!
Lemsip is 50 calories if anyone wants to know

laptopdancer Mon 03-Dec-12 16:32:49

I must admit, Im finding it very difficult to get outside to do my run this week ...so cold!

QuinnFabray Mon 03-Dec-12 16:44:28

I'm back on it, after a huge blow out at the weekend. 3 course Christmas dinner at the ball, lot's of alcohol, then lots of hangover food yesterday. Followed by an Ikea cooked breakfast this morning, gah! I've put back on the 2lbs I lost last week. I have a horrible feeling this could be a recurring theme. No more big night outs planned though, so will try again this week. 140 calorie chicken noodle soup for tea, trying to make up for the fry up I had this morning.

fedupofnamechanging Mon 03-Dec-12 17:48:15

Joycey, I would skip the lemsip and have some chai tea instead, with a couple of paracetamol. Chai tea is my new favourite thing after dairy milk and victoria sponge cake. It tastes like Christmas, and is calorie free.

Had a reasonable day so far. Have had some chocolate, but have accounted for it in my calorie count.

Am fed up of losing and regaining the same weight - am determined to crack it this time!

AsparagusFern Mon 03-Dec-12 23:02:20

Aaargh

Hideous, hideous night. Two helpings curry and rice, three slices Xmas chocolate log, endless pistachio nuts, three glasses white Zinfandel.

SIGH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now