Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

TRIPLE FORWARD HELIX PIERCING- Anyone got one?

(23 Posts)
Wetthemogwai Wed 28-Nov-12 20:32:17

I will smile good luck!

Meta4 Wed 28-Nov-12 13:41:31

Don't forget to update the thread when you get it done! Am treating myself to either a nose or helix piercing when I've lost a stone in weight. smile

Wetthemogwai Wed 28-Nov-12 00:43:51

I think so, knowing my luck it'll look crap but I can but try! Itll take a little while to save up though so it'll definetly be after xmas

spanishring Tue 27-Nov-12 22:15:39

That's interesting mogwai. I've had another look on google and have to say that it helps if you have pretty ears already!
Are you still gong for it?

Wetthemogwai Tue 27-Nov-12 21:02:14

I spoke to the piercing place today and they said:

- its £22 each for the first 2 and £18 for the third
- they WILL do all 3 at once
- the photo on google images (I assume she means the really pretty black and white one with the sparkly studs) has been photo shopped and it won't look like that however other images that normal people have done themselves are more accurate. It won't look like that straight away though, basically she hinted that it'll look pretty crap for 6 months before it looks good like the photos!

There's mixed results on the Internet but I'm still willing to try!

Just got to find a spare £70 now!

KittyLilith Tue 27-Nov-12 20:17:12

Oh come to think of it I rejected a rook piercing so it may not work on me sad. I don't think that bit of my ear is big enough either. Will be interested to hear how yours goes though wetthemogwai

spanishring Tue 27-Nov-12 18:40:10

I spoke to a v reputable piercing place and they told me they won't charge for all 3 IYSWIM. They also said you have to go in and they decide if they can do it as - now this is the bit I can't remember either 95% can get it done or 95% can't. I wish I could remember... It's quite important grin

Gingersnap88 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:37:32

That is SO pretty! I wish I could have one sulks (I reject piercings) envy

BeauNeidel Tue 27-Nov-12 17:40:02

I really want that done as well but my ears are tiny so don't think I'd fit three on there.

I have also been led to believe it is very painful (not least because you have to sleep on it!) and is also expensive,

Wetthemogwai Tue 27-Nov-12 16:33:22

Ill keep you posted! Watch this space!

spanishring Tue 27-Nov-12 10:56:18

Now I'm interested. But how much does it hurt?! Feedback please OP smile

Wetthemogwai Tue 27-Nov-12 09:17:10

grin

valiumredhead Tue 27-Nov-12 08:40:47

I was expecting to go 'ewwwwwwwww' but it's SO pretty!

Wetthemogwai Mon 26-Nov-12 21:30:40

Thanks smile fingers crossed I'm brave enough when it comes to it!

Bearandcub Mon 26-Nov-12 19:58:40

*it

Bearandcub Mon 26-Nov-12 19:58:13

Thanks for letting me know. Just googled it for images. It does look quite pretty. Hope it doesn't hurt if you get in done. I am far too much of a coward to even contemplate it.

Wetthemogwai Mon 26-Nov-12 18:27:22

bear it's the strip of cartilage that joins your ear to your head above your tragus (the sticky outy bit that holds earphones in)

I'm going to ask about getting them all done at once, maybe you're right about the swelling, I'm not sure! The man who does mine will probably do a deal too, he seems nice smile

Meta4 Mon 26-Nov-12 15:05:54

I asked my piercer about it when I had my tragus done - he said he'd do it if I was sure but said it's a really awkward healing point as the area's quite greasy.

£20 for one - not sure if that means £60 for three as he strikes me as the type who'd do you a deal...

KittyLilith Mon 26-Nov-12 11:09:40

I don't know about cost but I think it looks really pretty. I'm considering getting it myself. Do you know if they'd do all three at once though? I thought with swelling it may have to be done in stages, letting each one heal before getting the next.

Bearandcub Mon 26-Nov-12 11:04:35

What the hell is it?

[showing my age]

Wetthemogwai Mon 26-Nov-12 11:03:21

Thanks virgo I think it'll be similar to when I had the tragus done, it didn't really hurt but it felt bizzare!

VirgoGrr Mon 26-Nov-12 01:33:14

I don't know how painful this one is. Awkwardness depends on the shape of your ear, i guess? I think all piercings vary so much from person to person - you'll just have to have a go and see, won't you? smile
Looks good though, I like it, but I'm not having any more ear piercings, I scar badly there for some reason.

Wetthemogwai Mon 26-Nov-12 00:54:38

Long shot I know but I think they look amazing and really want one!

Anyone any ideas on cost? I've got my tregus and 2 helix and had my lip done, so I know the drill but as it'll obviously be more awkward does this make it automatically more painful?

Ta muchly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now