Hunter willies - unisex or huntress

(57 Posts)
Nicknamenotavailableeither Sun 25-Nov-12 20:21:38

As it says really. I am 5' 10" tall and wasn't Not sure which boots to get. Will the huntress ones come up too short on my calves? They seem to be more expensive than the unisex ones too.

Which do you think would be best?!

NO NO NO NO NO.

Sorry but Hunter Welllies (Or Willies) are absolute shite. I have been through 6 pairs in the last 18 months and they all leak within a couple of months.

They are made in China and the soles are made from plastic not rubber, which deteriorates.

Aigle are a much better buy.

mummybookworm Sun 25-Nov-12 20:43:23

I am crying <hunter willies> brilliant! grin

Jojoba1986 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:45:59

Unisex willies? Is that like being bisexual? grin <sniggers>

FuckingWonderwoman Sun 25-Nov-12 20:46:40

I'd like some Hunter Willies. Poking out through a nice tight pair of white breeches. Oh yes. grin

NorksAreTinselly Sun 25-Nov-12 20:47:11

Does madam dress to the left or the right?

Nicknamenotavailableeither Sun 25-Nov-12 20:47:43

Will check out the agile ones, but the offer of measuring the huntress is great thank you! smile

goralka Sun 25-Nov-12 20:48:24

agile willies,is it now?

goralka Sun 25-Nov-12 20:48:50

all getting a bit Freudian...

OatyBeatie Sun 25-Nov-12 20:49:18

Exit, did you use condoms over them? Willies are bound to leak without a condom.

I used plastic bags inside them to keep my socks dry.

^^^
True fact

OatyBeatie Sun 25-Nov-12 20:52:16

Good. I usually find a plasitc bag works as well as a condom, so long as you tie them tightly at the top of the willy

goralka Sun 25-Nov-12 20:53:58

with baler twine

Neither! They are shite! and chavvy

NorksAreTinselly Sun 25-Nov-12 20:55:14

Someone at school claimed once that he had used an ice pop wrapper as a condom. Scratchy? And rather narrow

I am never without baler twine.

I will go and measure up once I've read to DD, by which time no doubt this thread will be UTTERLY filthy. grin

AbuseHamzaMousseCake Sun 25-Nov-12 20:56:41

Hmm Agile willies or Hunter willies? That's a difficult one!

F'nar f'nar!

If you want to have warm dry feet rather than look pretty, try Muck Boots.

It was Aigle. Fucking Aigle.

I did not misspell it. I have checked.

marriedinwhite Sun 25-Nov-12 21:00:15

I bought my last pair in 1984. Green (think they were available in Navy too). Size 5. Chucked them out last year because they are so old they had lost their grip in the snow. They were about £30 then I think and def not unisex.

Looking to treat myself to a nice pair of snug all weather waterproof boots from Moshulu when I get time for about £80.00. Will be much better than today's fake Hunter.

I always thought the length of the willie was related to the size of the foot btw grin.

Muck boots make my legs claustrophobic.

<worries about legs>

Gosh, it's actually gone more sensible rather than less. My Huntresses are 34.5cm high, 39cm round the top - both measurements taken from the inside of the boot as, we'll. that's where your leg would actually be.

I actually bought them as they were the only wellies I could find online that stated their calf measurement - have got fat calves. I've had them a while, they're going strong, and when I bought them people were saying they were no good theses days. But they don't get MASSES of use, I don't live on a farm or ride (much) or anything.

stargirl1701 Sun 25-Nov-12 21:40:40

gringringrin

Horsemad Sun 25-Nov-12 23:20:13

Oh this thread has made me howl!!! grin Sorry OP, no wellie advice to offer - I'm still using a pair of Barbour ones that I've had for eons.
Now, willie advice... good girth is best I find grin

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sun 25-Nov-12 23:28:02

I'm imagining hunter willies in bowler hats galloping around the countryside blowing their horns

Tis good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now