Where do all the stylist women in London get their padded winter coats with real fur around the hood from????

(59 Posts)
mistakeallround Sun 25-Nov-12 17:47:54

As the title says.... where can i get one of these lovely padded coats from? they are to the knee, slightly padded, real fur round collar and hood and bloody gorgeous....the coat looks expensive but not Moncler ...can anyone help me ???

mistakeallround Sun 25-Nov-12 19:19:01

anyone please

waltermittymistletoe Sun 25-Nov-12 19:23:19

Don't wear real fur.

<helpful>

You're not likely to get much help looking for real fur.

Anyway, faux fur is nicer.

Jajas Sun 25-Nov-12 19:25:12

Refuse to help if it's real fur you're after hmm

mellen Sun 25-Nov-12 19:25:59

Why do you want a coat with real fur on it?

Napapijri has a down coat with fur hood, they say it's ethically farmed fox or something but still - YUCK!!! shock

mistakeallround Sun 25-Nov-12 19:33:07

Well look real ... maybe the fur was faux....but loads of beautiful stylish padded coats but can't see anything like them anywhere ?

AmberLeaf Sun 25-Nov-12 19:34:51

Ive seen some on Ebay.

Rosa Sun 25-Nov-12 19:34:52

Try anything Italian ..we have loads here , some of the fake fur is very very realistic, you can only tell when it rains or snows on it as it goes droopy !

AmberLeaf Sun 25-Nov-12 19:35:20

Manufacturers not people selling their old stuff!

VivaLeBeaver Sun 25-Nov-12 19:36:29

Uniqlo?

bonzo77 Sun 25-Nov-12 19:37:49

Expensive boutiquey shops. I can think of 3 locally that have them. The fur looks real but might just be higher quality fake. My mum has one and the label says "raccoon". I'm concerned now that I've read a thread on mn about raccoon dogs being skinned alive for their coats. angry. Anyway, I see the appeal but wouldn't get one myself. Check labels though as some might be pretend fur.

If a lot of women are wearing them in London, they may not be designer.

Have you tried Zara? They have a long down jacket with "fur" hood....

Zara

Rosa - I've just come back from my annual work trip to Milan, Brescia, and Serravalle. Down jackets are a staple uniform to the Italian lady!

Everyone wearing them now, except for me - mine was left in the car, it was too hot and I was in a tee shirt! (and getting bemused looks!)

I picked up a gorgeous one from Ralph Lauren outlets in Metzingen for €65! Try Bicester op?

FrankincenseWippery Sun 25-Nov-12 19:53:41

I got mine (not real fur) from G Star Raw. It's deliciously warm and I absolutely love it. Cost £200.

FrankincenseWippery Sun 25-Nov-12 19:56:58

Sorry, 185 but here it is.

bigredbook Sun 25-Nov-12 20:01:12

Try Joseph or Max Mara

FloralWellies Sun 25-Nov-12 20:01:15

La Redoute

(What all the stylish French Women are wearing round my way!!)

freakazoidroid Sun 25-Nov-12 20:02:01

I love the coats with real fur too , I'd love one

Fillybuster Sun 25-Nov-12 20:02:02

Mango. Absolutely every bloody Hampstead school gates mum is wearing a Mango coat. And its fake fur.

probably this one Filly?

Knew either Zara or Mango would be well worn around London.

Sometimes I pine for my lunchtime shopping trips around Oxford Street.

But I'm now a lot better off, working on an industrial estate in the backside of nowhere!

MadAboutHotChoc Sun 25-Nov-12 20:13:38

I have one - bought from TK Maxx, not real fur around the hood though.

I hope you go for faux fur.

sansucre Sun 25-Nov-12 22:49:49

They're most probably either Canada Goose or Woolrich ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now