Hair Disaster - Please help!

(8 Posts)
YummyHoney Fri 23-Nov-12 13:16:46

Any hairdressers out there who can help please? What can I do to get rid of unwanted low-lights? I hate them. Had them done a week ago and have washed every day but hardly any difference.

YummyHoney Fri 23-Nov-12 18:45:19

Pretty please?

MolotovCocktail Fri 23-Nov-12 18:48:52

Hi yummy, what colour are your lowlights? Any red in them or your natural hair?

YummyHoney Fri 23-Nov-12 18:53:39

Hi Molotov - thanks for replying. My natural colour is Brown (ash) and grey and I have had ash low-lights put in. (I'm young by the way - premature grey)

YummyHoney Fri 23-Nov-12 18:54:30

No red in my hair, naturally or otherwise.

MolotovCocktail Fri 23-Nov-12 19:56:16

It's good that there's no red; it makes it easier to tone them down without residue.

Did you do them yourself, or have them for at a salon? If it's at a salon and you're not happy, I'd suggest going back to them and asking what can be done to correct it.

If it's a home job, or you can't face going back to the salon, a product that works is Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo.

Another way to fade them safely is liquid laundry detergent. No need to scrub your hair or anything: just work it through, Lear for 10-15 mins, rinse and condition. Leave the conditioner on for 5-10 mins.

Repeat this several times over a few days. The detergent can dry your hair a little, but won't damage it.

HTH smile

YummyHoney Fri 23-Nov-12 20:00:06

Thank you.smile

MolotovCocktail Fri 23-Nov-12 20:07:09

You're very welcome - I hope that it works for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now