L'occitane

(19 Posts)

L'Occitane I love and re-buy:

Cinnamon and Orange soap (for Christmas)
Verbena Soap Liquid (in 500ml bottles) The almond one used to be lovely but it changed and wasn't so nice (marzipanny)
Almond handcream- which isn't marzipanny at all

The 500ml of shower cream (milk/gentle)

The milk soaps
The white Bonne Merre (IIRC that the name) big chunky bars with writing on them

Verbena/Verbena Citrus shower gel

And the Almond Oil Shower Gel . It is lovely. I keep smelling my skin after (which is a bit weird) blush

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like florals- cherry, lavender, rose. But that's my own taste.

faustina Fri 23-Nov-12 07:51:20

I use the soap bars - in the bath - they are lovely!

4aminsomniac Fri 23-Nov-12 06:29:07

Another vote for Verbena, I wear the perfume plus other bits from the same 'smell' and people often ask me what I am wearing. In a nice way. I think!

fraktion Fri 23-Nov-12 00:37:00

Verbena body stuff - so light and moisturising
Amande Joli ventre cream
Lavender hand wash

Their make up isn't bad either.

Womenandchickensfirst Fri 23-Nov-12 00:13:18

The Divine Immortale moisture cream is gorgeous, but expensive. My last pot was Duty Free. DH thought it was lemon curd!

CointreauVersial Thu 22-Nov-12 23:48:36

Another vote for the handcream. And the soap. <hard stare at LLDoubleYou> The Verbena range smells utterly divine.

They also do lovely perfumes. One of my favourite everyday ones is The Vert (that's The as in french for Tea; can't do accents!). Gorgeous and fresh.

puggirl Thu 22-Nov-12 23:00:22

Thanks. I have got very dry lizard hands (work in a hospital so constant washing) so will try the handcream myself. I read an article saying Yasmin le Bon uses the brightening cleanser - I may have to
Indulge in one too.

boodles Thu 22-Nov-12 22:10:10

There is a loccitane tsv on qvc soon, wait for that. Their hand cream is the only thing I would recommend.

noviceoftheday Thu 22-Nov-12 22:04:28

Oh yes, I completely agree with greggs the shea butter foot cream is amazing. The soles of my feet became so soft after I started using them. We use the shea butter hand cream in our toilets/bathrooms as well and its lovely. We also have the shea butter soaps but I think they came free from hotel rooms blush. They're okay but I wouldn't pay for them.

Folicacid Thu 22-Nov-12 21:15:56

Shea butter lover here too and hand creams are fab.

And the foot cream is amazing.

carrie74 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:11:28

I have very dry hands which are prone to eczema, and the Shea butter hand cream (blue colour) is the best thing I've tried (and I've tried *a lot*). I also recently tried a sample of their Rosé 4Reines body milk, and it was so lovely (soaked in quickly and scent lingered all day) I've asked for some for Xmas. Oh and the hand cream last for AGES. I must have bought my last tube over a year ago, and it's not even half used and I'd say I use it once a day at least.

DonaAna Thu 22-Nov-12 20:33:08

They do a really great immortelle-based perfume.

racingheart Thu 22-Nov-12 20:17:14

I love their verbena range too. It smells gorgeous.

The handcream is pretty decent but tbh I think most of the things I've tried from there have been just okay and over-priced for what they are. I prefer Clarins.

The verbena stuff is lovely as is the Shea butter however, the floral scents are too strong for me. Head over to the bargain Christmas threads running in the Christmas section for discount codes or keep any eye on qvc for the tsv coming up which I think is either this or next Sunday.

noviceoftheday Thu 22-Nov-12 19:57:57

I use the shear butter body cream. It's lovely. We have the green coloured range (begins with a V) in our guest room and people always say how nice it is. Hth!

LLDoubleYou Thu 22-Nov-12 19:41:40

I was delighted to receive a gift box for christmas last year but very disappointed once I used it.

The moisturisers made my skin dryer and the shower gel doesn't lather very much. fragrances were a bit, meh, too. And the bar of soap, well it's unopened, because who uses soap bars any more?

Soz!

puggirl Thu 22-Nov-12 19:38:42

I have looked at the website and wondered which items people would recommend? I fancied getting some Xmas gifts for people. I have never brought from this shop before so am grateful for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now