Are charm bracelets naff?

(30 Posts)
MarchelineWhatNot Tue 20-Nov-12 15:20:18

I really like the idea of Pandora-type bracelets that you can add to, but I find Pandora a bit too expensive, especially as I can only wear gold. I was therefore thinking of getting a charm bracelet and adding to it gradually, but wondered if they were considered a bit naff?

Would really welcome your views - thanks grin

diddl Wed 21-Nov-12 10:09:20

I love the idea of Pandora & charms that don´t hang & catch-but I find the charms look cheap.

I like the glass beads though & have some non Pandora ones on a non Pandora silver bracelet because I like them.

Any item of clothing or jewellery you mention on here there will be someone out there who thinks it's "naff". I like charm bracelets - they're a record of your life and choices, and it's a lovely thing to pass down the generations.

ifancyashandy Wed 21-Nov-12 10:22:51

I have a Links Sweetie that dear friends etc have added to over the years. But I don't wear it because a) too many others started wearing them and b) it's silver and gold suits me better.

I'm hoping for a gold one some day!

jessiegeesusinamanger Wed 21-Nov-12 14:36:20

I agree, you shouldn't care what other people might think. If it's something you'd enjoy wearing and collecting charms for, then you should absolutely go for it imo.

becks5109 Wed 21-Nov-12 16:23:19

I have a beautiful rose gold one and have collected charms over the years and have a story for each one. I also have some beautiful antique charms on it too from when we got married, honeymoon and from each baby. I love mine and I don't think its naff at all. Go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now