Crepeys do Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueenie Sun 18-Nov-12 15:03:08

Will this fit the bill. Dull but seasonal?

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jan-13 20:38:34

Ruby, name your date ASAP as we are booking up rapidly!

My preference would be for a Friday. But maybe a Saturday? Weeknights are not good for me as I would have to be very sensible, not drink at all and go home early so that I could survive the next day at workblush

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:09:06

Fridays are ok for me now as no footie on Friday evening or Saturday morning although I could come home

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jan-13 21:26:02

Ooh ruby, has he packed it in, or is training on another night?

Gwaaann, name a date. Or two!

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:33:07

I'm sitting waiting at footie pick up now though <<sigh>>

Different team BTM

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:34:17

<<plucks dates from air>> 1st or 8th Feb?

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jan-13 21:38:06

Yippee! Both good for mesmile

<did you gently suggest he change teams to a more convenient training night?wink>

Stropperella Tue 08-Jan-13 21:43:06

Just done my first circuit training session for 2.5 weeks. Not quite as bad as I thought it might be, but I might have changed my tune by tomorrow. grin
Am juggling my 2 jobs for this month and it's all threatening to get a bit complicated. I have terrible trouble remembering what I'm supposed to be doing when, because it all keeps bloody changing and my memory no longer seems to be as, er, sprightly as it used to be. If I forget to write anything in my diary, I don't remember it AT ALL. Bah, hopeless. Have just remember I have not done anything about ds's b-day party and it's his birthday in less than 2 weeks. He wants a laser shooting party. Or something soothing and friendly like that.

I might be able to make a meet-up in Feb, but can't quite commit at this stage.

Stropperella Tue 08-Jan-13 21:44:18

I'm more likely to be able to make Feb 8th, if I can come..

oldqueenie Tue 08-Jan-13 21:44:34

oooh. I'd like to try to come this time (if that's ok?).... Can possibly do 8th, can't do 1st.

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:48:17

Ours finish for half term on 8th but I'm not sure it's the same everywhere.

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:48:54

OQ - it would be great to meet you smile

Stropperella Tue 08-Jan-13 21:50:15

No half-term here until Feb 15th.

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jan-13 21:52:31

Half-term is the 15th here too.

Would be great to meet you OQ. And see you strops and ruby. And EVERYONE ELSE!

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 08-Jan-13 21:52:33

Our February half term is in March...

Our Easter holiday is in May.

confused

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:53:44

I thought it may be later Strops.
Everyone here has been frantically booking to go away.

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 21:55:06

..... and May week is in June grin

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jan-13 21:56:15

You will get all the cheap dealsenvy
Is yours decale, MrsS? (is that the right word for when they stagger the French half-terms?)

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jan-13 21:59:16

Ooh, just checked out the French half-term dates and it looks like we might have a reasonably quiet skiing hol as they are not off that week and it is a resort popular with locals!

CointreauVersial Tue 08-Jan-13 22:15:16

I can do 1st or 8th for meetup, although Saturdays are marginally better for me, as it means I can go shopping beforehand DH doesn't have to rush home early.

Herbs - I have a Tupperware drawer too. And an appliance cupboard. <blows raspberry>

rubyrubyruby Tue 08-Jan-13 22:17:16

Yes BTM - lots of friends are going away ski-ing etc. DS2 has his GCSEs coming up though so I don't think it would be fair for us to go away. We shall do something in the Summer before his results.

Blackduck Wed 09-Jan-13 07:24:10

I add loving the drawer envy. I have a solid (old) handmade lichen with loads of storage, unfortunately due to the way the house is built they also suffer from being against the outside wall - plates feel like they have come out of an ice box.

Thanks all for the support. Just all part of my massive midlife crisis and 'this is not the life I thought I'd have' really, combined with tough times relationship wise.

Anyway in other stuff, I went singing last night (now as someone who believes themselves to be tone deaf this is something of a feat!)

Amazon are tempting me with regards to the boots I like by dropping the price (only by a couple of quid) every couple of days...

Dates - 1st is probably better for me, but only because I am already in London that day.
MrsS how's about you? Any news on interview date?

Blackduck Wed 09-Jan-13 07:24:52

Lichen?! Kitchen

herbaceous Wed 09-Jan-13 07:27:57

I can do the 8th! As long as DP is around, that is.

CV - have a cupboard with the food processor and juicer in. Does that count as an appliance cupboard? Or are yours pre-plugged in? envy

Builder supposedly coming this morning to fix poohy whiff, and other issues. We shall see.

wilbur Wed 09-Jan-13 10:25:01

Aaargh, was about to post yes, yes to the 8th when I found that it's the one date in Feb I can't do as it's school quiz night and I have already signed up. I can do 1st or either Saturday those weekends...

BD - our wardrobes are like your kichen cupboard, against an outside wall so everything comes out chilled. Nice at this time of year. Not. Have started putting clothes on the radiator overnight, which takes me back to my freezing childhood.

CointreauVersial Wed 09-Jan-13 13:09:41

grin We have a wine-rack which is built into an alove in the old chimney breast. You don't need to bother putting the white wine in the fridge; it comes off the rack ready-chilled. You do have the stand the red on a radiator for half an hour before you drink it though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.