no poo/low poo where am I going wrong?

(6 Posts)
Firsttimer7259 Sun 18-Nov-12 19:27:25

I think all herbal essences stuff has silicone in it whcih explains the build up. Ingredients ending in -one are silicones, most common is dimethicone. Avoid. You may also need to get the weight of conditioner right for your curl type which needs a bit of experimenting. Tresemme has some non silicone, as does the naked range, plus the boots coconut stuff. If your scalp is dry oil it - olive oil on the scalp itself, or a pomade if you have a tighter curl.
Also I only wash with shampoo every 2 months-ish

curlyLJ Sat 17-Nov-12 20:53:16

Are you sure that conditioner hasn't got silicone in it Mousy? This is key to the no-poo/loo poo regime or you get build-up which might be your problem. Also you need to really rub/scrub your scalp when you do your conditioner-wash and then make sure you rinse really well.

I was using HE (before I went no-poo) and I binned them as they were rubbish for my frizzy hair. I am now using Tresemme Naturals (only the naturals one is silicone-free)

if you visit this site you will find lots of tips on the curly girl/noo poo method.

MousyMouse Sat 17-Nov-12 19:21:45

it's the repair one from herbal essences as it helped with the frizz. maybe will try dc's conditioner (lavender one from holland&barret).

legoballoon Sat 17-Nov-12 19:01:05

I was sooo worried when I saw this title in 'style and beauty'. How out of touch with fashion had I become?

Now I am breathing again.

BeauNeidel Sat 17-Nov-12 19:00:03

It sounds like you might not be washing the conditioner out well enough, or possibly it's just too heavy for your hair type?

MousyMouse Sat 17-Nov-12 17:59:53

have long hair which gets quite static easily and I am lazy and would rather spend 5 more minutes in bed rather in the bathroo. washing my hair in the mornings

so have been only usinf conditioner during the week + mild schampoo once a week. my hair looks better, shinier and not frizzy but by the end of the week my scalp is itchy....
basically I like the result and the time in bed but what do you recommend? or will I get used to that 'greasy' feeling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now