Do people have a dressing table?

(39 Posts)

Not sure if s&b is right place for this but am thinking about getting a dressing table. Have always dried my hair sitting on the floor in front of a mirror and same with putting make up on. My mum always sat at a dressing table. What do others do and do you think anything if you see in someone's room and they have a DT!! Thanks for any help!!

Castlelough Fri 04-Jan-13 22:38:21

I know this thread is a couple of months old but I have really enjoyed reading it and wanted to add a post!
Have got lots of ideas for my little new years project! Think it will declutter our bathroom and my bedside locker!

tigerdriverII Fri 04-Jan-13 22:41:07

I have a dressing room <<preens>>. And a dressing table, but it's in the wrong place to dry my hair so I don't really use it.

Cerealqueen Fri 04-Jan-13 23:07:39

I would love one, my mum had one and I spent many an afternoon looking through her things wondering about 'all in one make-up' and how one tube of liquid could alo be lipstick, blusher, eyeshadow etc (am a bit literal) and trying on her jewellery, maybe when Dd2 is out of our room I can convert the chest of drawers in our bedroom and have a little corner just for me.

50pcoff Sat 05-Jan-13 10:28:44

I have a victorian washstand similar to this

It's not too big and holds everything I need

CandyCrush Sat 05-Jan-13 12:22:17

I have a standard desk with a triple mirror on it. It works well as I have all my hair dryers,straighteners etc plugged in inside the cupboard bit (would have been for the PC) and just take them out ready plugged in...

ok so now I sound a bit anal

I also use the little pull out keyboard table for all my jewellery so I can pull it out and its all there in little sectioned craft boxes.

Make up is in the drawers on the other side smile

Bonsoir Sat 05-Jan-13 12:23:51

Yes, I have a small and very pretty marquetry French 18th century chest of drawers with a marble top. On top of it I have placed an English early 20th century triptych mirror. I have pretty porcelain pots and trays for make-up brushes etc.

uptheamp Sat 05-Jan-13 12:25:48

yes have this love it and have plastic organisers from ikea in it too.

the glass is great and you can put wallpaper or whatever under it if you want to personalise it

Arisbottle Sat 05-Jan-13 12:27:27

Yes, in my dressing room. I use it every day.

Castlelough Sat 05-Jan-13 18:45:11

Ooh Arisbottle I would live a dressing room with a wall of voile draped windows and a freestanding bath how luxurious! :-)

Arisbottle Sat 05-Jan-13 19:02:04

Lol, I do have a freestanding bath in the connecting room !

Flossiechops Sat 05-Jan-13 20:20:07

I have a huge bay in my bedroom begging for a dressing table. I haven't found one I really like yet though!

StinkyWicket Sat 05-Jan-13 20:22:45

Yes I have this one which I love. Mine is covered in crap right now, really need to tidy it a bit blush

I always did my makeup sitting on my bed until about 2 years ago when I got it for my birthday. Mine is really small too.

HotBurrito1 Sat 05-Jan-13 21:19:41

I have an Art Deco ish mirrored chest of drawers with an original Art Deco triple mirror on top. Keep all of my hair stuff and make up in the chest. Just need a vintage silk peignoir now to be properly deluded. Oh, and the Paul and Joe face powder with the big fluffy puff <greedy>.

Castlelough Sat 05-Jan-13 21:24:36

Oh Arisbottle! envyenvyenvy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now