Night creams on a budget - suggestions!

(15 Posts)
Biggem Thu 15-Nov-12 15:51:40

Just had dd2 and caught site if myself (albeit it briefly) this morning and realised I am starting to look my 28 years!
I have a day cream which Iove (Olay) and it works wonders on my combination oily skin so I was hoping for some suggestions on some anti ageing night creams on a budget...£20 is expensive for me!

DonaAna Thu 15-Nov-12 18:04:00
Fluffycloudland77 Thu 15-Nov-12 18:08:50

I was just coming on to say aldi too.

I use the Q10 calcium cream on my neck with the serum with vit C and I am very impressed.

Rosehip oil on my face.

Dancealot Thu 15-Nov-12 18:35:56

I use Nivea Q10 night cream. It's about £6 a pot, which lasts me a few months. I used to use no. 7 protect and perfect but decided Nivea was just as good and a third the price. It also smells nicer!

Biggem Thu 15-Nov-12 18:40:17

Aldi you say...is there anything that place doesn't rock?!

MrsRogerSterling Thu 15-Nov-12 19:18:45

Another Aldi vote here.

RedZombie Thu 15-Nov-12 19:36:13

Me too for the Aldi q10 night cream. I love the day cream and the serum.

FreePeaceSweet Thu 15-Nov-12 21:37:29

I was going to say Aldi until I used a Boots freebie that felt amazing in the morning. If you buy 2 you get them for £4 at the mo. I love Vitamin E stuff smile This is it.

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 15-Nov-12 21:41:48

Ditto for Aldi- their face creams are just fab! Just as good as the £12 a pot stuff everyone else pedals! and for a fifth of the price!

Fairylea Thu 15-Nov-12 21:42:10

Have you tried not using anything ? Seriously I know that sounds mad but if you have combination oily skin you might
Find your skin actually looks fresher having a break at night. This is something I've found at the grand old age of 32 and spending half my working life as a sales consultant for 2 main upmarket brands !

Biggem Fri 16-Nov-12 03:30:15

Hmmm fairylea...I'm not using anything at the moment, and my skin does feel fine I just thought it was time to start combating the ageing process!! P.s. what the hell is q10?! Another made up industry word in the same vein as bifidus digestivus?! wink

Newtothisstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 04:42:51

Tesco have a load of Olay stuff half price

echt Fri 16-Nov-12 05:36:21

That Eve Fraser exercise your face lady says not to use moisturiser at night because it softens the skin and encourages wrinkles. I haven't used it at night for nearly 20 years.

Disclaimer - looking a bit of a wreck at the moment but putting it down to horrendous periodontal bills; having to have a tooth I'd spent thousands having straightened pulled out- at great expense; having the washing machine die and be replaced at great cost. I feel, and look, 93. Bring on the Pond's cold creamgrin

HellothisisJoanie Fri 16-Nov-12 05:55:51

I don't like the smell of the aldi one.
I think they're all the same tbh. And tests seem to confirm this. All the same and pretty pointless beyond the top layer of skin

valiumredhead Fri 16-Nov-12 08:59:45

The Body Shop Aloe night cream - amazing stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now