Getting my long hair chopped off later...am I going to want a new wardrobe?

(12 Posts)
StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Thu 15-Nov-12 20:43:41

No style advice but, depending how much you are having chopped off, would you consider giving the hair to charity? I only ask as my cousin had hers cut today and has found one very grateful of it.

cuggles Thu 15-Nov-12 20:41:48

read this before I looked at your link....thought you meant short short! - I went from long hair...below shoulder a fair bit to gamine/pixie crop a few weeks ago and I love it but yes to the wardrobe...roll necks I agree and high neck "going out tops" - scarves too and stud earrings. Get the hair first, have a try on session at home then shop! - Enjoy it! cant find a reason to change shoes but I am sure there is one!

putonyourredshoes Thu 15-Nov-12 20:31:30

the hair cut is gorgeous, you must have great hair to be able to get that fringe to lie flat. I am v jealous as tried a similar cut and my hair flicked all away to the sides - annoying!

For your question I guess it depends on how long your hair is currently and whether it's of a similar style. If it's long, straight and centre parting and you tend to wear flares and cheesecloth, then yes, you will need some new clothes!

germyrabbit Thu 15-Nov-12 20:26:25

your hair will look like a flamingo jumper?

Depends what your internal character is like! I found I was unhappy in both floaty maxi-skirts and long hair - shorter bob and neater lines is much more me. I didn't change the outfits for the hair though - I changed both to reflect more how I felt on the inside.

kenanddreary Thu 15-Nov-12 18:55:44

Have just looked at your photo. That's not a very short style so don't think you will have the ear-ring dilemma that I did grin!

kenanddreary Thu 15-Nov-12 18:54:01

Roll neck jumpers look fantastic with short hair!

I also found though that my hoop ear-ring no longer suited me sad, so studs only for me after that.

Dancealot Thu 15-Nov-12 18:40:19

I had my hair chopped recently from past ny shoulders to very short, I love it! I found round necks don't seem to suit me anymore, but v necks look great. I have also gone a bit mad buying earrings as they are much more on show with short hair.

Love the hairstyle you have picked by the way.

QueenieLovesEels Thu 15-Nov-12 18:20:59

Have a pixie and work a gamine look then.

FeuDeRussie Thu 15-Nov-12 14:52:53

Yes I do! Am totally bored with my style - and it's very girly (lots of printed dresses) and am hoping I'll turn into some kind of chic gamine Audrey Hepburn type with shorter hair grin

dexter73 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:48:57

You just want a good excuse to go shopping wink!! But to answer your question - no I didn't. Having my hair cut didn't change the clothes I wore.

FeuDeRussie Thu 15-Nov-12 14:32:33

Hopefully it will look something like this (except I have dark brown hair - same texture and fringe as her though).

Those who've gone for the chop - did you feel like your normal clothes didn't work afterwards?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now